how many here stop drinking

-
I stopped in sept of 1970. No one thought i could but i made up
my mind to quit and i did. Too many car and motorcycle wrecks
that my body is still paying for. I think that if i had another drink i still might go back to drinking so i don't touch anything and i don't miss it at all.
Stan

Been thinkin' about it for a long time. I have cut down a LOT. Almost no beer anymore, to fattening. I do love a good tequila shot (Reposado or Anejo, not that silver stuff... LOL) and I like Scotch as well. I think I will do as others here have and just restrict it to single drinks on special occasions.I did quit smoking in 1980 and I am sure glad I did. We just lost my wife's MOM to smoking (heart lung disease). Hopefully I can lose some weight as a bonus. Good luck to all in their personal efforts.pete

I quit November 12th 2004 when my daughter was born, I know I was an alcoholic and nearly died from it. I used to drink beers all day and then a couple of bottles of Jack on the weekends especially in college. I love how I feel and don't miss the bar scene at all. I have all I need at home with my wife and 3 kids, they are more entertaining than any drunk ever could be. Well any drunk that hasn't taken her shirt off lol.

I tried a beer once in 1978. Didn't like it then, doubt I'll like it now.

I commend you gentlemen who were able to take control of your liquid demon.

I'm sure my ex-wife was an alcoholic to some degree. We were together 3 years and I don't remember one single day passing that she didn't consume alcohol.

I had to terminate a friendship with a buddy who I wish could get his perscription pill consumption under control before it kills him. Good luck, bro. I'm sorry we couldn't keep hanging out together.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iMd8Pm-2EE"]YouTube - Jeff Dunham and Bubba J[/ame]

i stop drinking about 4mths ago [-o<and man i tell you what things that use to not bother me just flat run me crazy now.:eye:..i started walking to loose a few pounds and get myself in better shape(gotta have another surgery on my shoulder) and thought that i would just stop and things would get a little better and they did but for the most part it sucks.:-x..but i did loose 10lbs lol anyway this is not my first time stopping but i think that im going to stick with it cause i just feel better..anybody else stop and get mad faster now..mike:thumrigh:
Sorry to hi jack this thread, but where in the hell is the " New Thread" on here. I wanna start one but can never see it. sorry .

Sorry to hi jack this thread, but where in the hell is the " New Thread" on here. I wanna start one but can never see it. sorry .

You got to go to the Forums page. You can click on it up at the top tool bar. Then pick the topic you want to start a thread in. There will be a bar at the top of the page that says New Thread.

I use to be drunk everyday! Time changes things. The drinking had just kind of slowed down by itself. I don't even much think about it anymore. I may stop with a buddy once in a great while for a couple, that's about it. I didn't even have to try, it just kind of happened naturally.

-
Back