Gear ratio-5.13
Tire diameter-255/60R15
RPM through trap-N/A
MPH through traps-N/A
ET-N/A

Engine CID-360 .030 over so that make 365
Head Type-340 x
Valve size-2.02 intake 1.60 exaust
Head Work- cleaned,magnafluxed,milled.beadblasted,pocketporte d,bronze guides,stainless valves, 3 angle valvejob, teflon seals, swirl polished, mopar performance valve springs w dampeners built and blueprinted by hensley racing
Cam Manufacturer-mopar perfomance
Cam specs at 50-.484 lift 284 duration
Carb type and size-holley hp series 750 double pumper mech secondaries
PV Rating-N/A
Jet sizes-N/A
Plug number and brand-autolite 63 & sometimes 65
Intake Manifold -Type-edelbrock torker 2
Piston Make-speed pro forged
Compression Ratio- 10 to 1

Trans type- 904
Trans Mods-cheatah reverse manual valve body, tci rebuild kit
Convertor type-Tci
Convertor stall-3500
Trans Brake-N/A

Drive shaft- stock

Ignition-msd probillit dist.,msd 6al box

Rear end type-8 3/4

Sublime, what cam, what compression, and how good are the heads? Could be anywhere from 275 at the crank to 400+.

1qwik, I'd estimate 375-400 depending.

moper said:
Sublime, what cam, what compression, and how good are the heads? Could be anywhere from 275 at the crank to 400+.

1qwik, I'd estimate 375-400 depending.

Not sure what the cam duration is? it has keith black pistons,It was bored 30 over and blueprinted.This guy has it and will let me know the price this weekend. it does have 360 j heads that need to be worked on and he said it has a forged crank. Its all apart and i would have to put it together.

What i would put on it
Preformer intake
holly 750?

and thats about it. Ihave a 318 to go into my dart and was woundering if it would be worth it to wait and see if i can get this.If the hp is alot more might be worth it.

sublimeswinger said:
Not sure what the cam duration is? it has keith black pistons,It was bored 30 over and blueprinted.This guy has it and will let me know the price this weekend. it does have 360 j heads that need to be worked on and he said it has a forged crank. Its all apart and i would have to put it together.

What i would put on it
Preformer intake
holly 750?

and thats about it. Ihave a 318 to go into my dart and was woundering if it would be worth it to wait and see if i can get this.If the hp is alot more might be worth it.
I would be suprised to see a steel crank in this engine. It would have to be an aftermarket.

1st...its motor NOT moter!!!!!
2nd ..we need ALOT more info!!!

scamp

1st..WAY too much gear!!
2nd..im with moper..400hp

Thanks for the spelling correction.Sence there iz no spel check on this form its hard to get things right. :lol:

This is all the info i have on the motor so far. It is torn down and many after market parts have been purchased. I wish i knew more but im still learning about all this stuff. I will try to get more info. How much do you think its worth?

If it's a 360, the fact he said "forged crank" leads me to think he may not know much about it really. It's best to see it all apart. Bring a friend with the means to measure things, or knows what to look for for tell tale machining marks and stuff. I disassembled 360 with receipts for all the parts and machine owrk I'd think should go int he $2K range. If he has no receipts for the machine work, I operate under the assumption it has none. Because I'm going to have to measure everything and maybe re-do the work. I would be looking around $1000 maybe at that point. Depends on what all the parts are, and if they are in fact new. (again, not having any reciepts)

what are you talking about this thing is a holeshot machine that gear is a little low but i like it. i may end up with a more streetable 4.10 though

1qwikScamp said:
what are you talking about this thing is a holeshot machine that gear is a little low but i like it. i may end up with a more streetable 4.10 though

It may be a holeshot machine but you'll run out of gear way before the 1/4 is up. Your car would most likely be faster in the 1/4 with 4:10's.

BTW: when you have a question you really should start a new thread even if it is the same type of question. It gets way too confusing jumping into the middle of anothers thread and asking a question about yours. Also it's just not curteous.

Heres an update..

74 360 block bored 30 over
steel crank
keith black flat top pistons 9.8-10.9:1 i think there part #uem-kb107030-8
new rings
new bearings
mopar purple cam with 284 duration
Windage tray
and X heads that need work.

Motor is balanced

so....with a new valve job and seat and some other head work what do you think?

I will put a eddy performer intake
holley 600 4160 single feed carb, of my 318, not installed yet

How many horses? Is it worth $700?

Just add everything up. (This is what the machine work cost me, I think the place I went is a little on the cheap side.)
I started of with a complete stock engine-$50
Reground the crank-$90
Cylinder bore-$125
External Balance- $125

Those Keith Blacks- $190
Purple Cam- $170
Plus Shipping

Theres over $700 in parts and machine work there. Plus you have a sex of x heads, which are pretty pricey these days, a windage tray, bearings and rings. How much its worth to you is a different question. Did they do any other machine work? Have everything magnafluxed? Check the rods? Deck the block?

That's very close to what I built for my Cuda. Except for the cam and intake. I have the comp cam 274XE and Air gap intake and mildly ported X heads.

BTW: Those KB pistons advertise 9.8-10.9 to 1 compression but don't expect anywhere near the high end of it. On my .030 over 360 with them in it sitting .015 in the hole and the heads milled .010 the heads CC's out to 70.8 cc so the actual compression is actually to 9.53 to 1. What it comes down to is the head CC is usually alot higher than the advertised CC of 68 and unless you zero deck the block you loose some there too.

First thing I noticed is you mentioned a steel crank in a 360. NO 360 had a steel crank from the factory. You can buy an aftermarket one but it's several hundred dollars. I doubt that's what you have. Unless your racing big time you don't really need one. The factory cast piece is a very strong piece.

Depends on how much "Work the X heads need" as to their actual value. They bring good prices but if they need all new seats and guides they will cost you several hundred dollars to rebuild. They actually may just be big hunks of scrap cast iron.

All in all it should still easily be worth $700 by your description if all other parts are in good shape.

HP number I'd guess in the neighborhood of 350 if you use headers.

With all this work done and name brand parts im not understanding everyones hp guesses. I still learning about all this, but a create motor is rated at 390 hp, wouldnt this motor be close to that? What is the difference in the two motors?

That cam won't produce the numbers that the roller cam used in the crate engine does. (Remember the crate engine uses a roller cam). Roller cams generally produce way better than flat tappet cams. Those X heads were great in their day but out of the box aren't quite with the magnum heads either for performance. The crate engine uses the magnum heads. Also your performer intake with a little 600 carb is going to hold you back some. It'll make good torque but HP will suffer. A stock 340 iron intake would possibly make more power and you probably need some more carb. More like 650-700 to make 390 HP. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it will be a dog by any means. I think it would run great in a street car. Especially your light little Dart.

well instead of putting money into the x heads would I or could I put on Magnume (?) heads on? Or should i just spend the money on the eddy's.
Like most of us I dont have a million $ to send, so im looking for the best of both worlds (least expensive and most performance)

1qwikScamp said:
i put a 3.55 in my car now it does much better

I kinda figured it might. A buddy of mine had a 69 Dart with a stroked 340 and ran the same ET with 4:10's and 3:55's. It was quicker through the 1/8th with the 4:10's by a little but ran out of steam before the end.

sublimeswinger said:
well instead of putting money into the x heads would I or could I put on Magnume (?) heads on? Or should i just spend the money on the eddy's.
Like most of us I dont have a million $ to send, so im looking for the best of both worlds (least expensive and most performance)

Rather than get into a big discussion about heads which I'm no guru at I think your best bet might be to get in touch with Bobby from BJR racing and see what he has to say about the heads you have. The prices he quoted me were considerably lower than a set of Edelbrocks and he makes the stock iron heads flow fantastic. Easily enough to make an engine do 425-450 hp at several hundred less than Edelbrocks. He's on the board here alot. Just look around and find one of his post and send him a PM. He's a heck of a nice fellow and I'm sure he will help you.

-
Back