How many miles out of your drag radials?

-

Badart

Reaction score
Dang it! I only have 1,500 miles on these BFGs and they are almost slicks now, other than a couple of rain grooves. I am sure that if I kept my foot out of it they would last longer, but I have only done a few burnouts with them.

How many miles are you getting out of your drag radials? What brand?

Wheels%20and%20tires.jpg

My BFG's have about 4000 miles on them. Bought them in 2004 have driven to Columbus(212miles one way) 3 times on them and went to the strip 3(3 passes each time) times! Lots of burn outs and they are just now worn to almost a slick.

The tread wear rating on those Drag Radials are very very low. Best I've heard is 5,000 miles with near normal driving habbits. Of course that was a bench race session at a meet, so, give and take some on that description. Give some burnouts, take some mileage, LOL!!!!

Next time buy Mickey Thompson drag radial tires, I run mine everywhere and they are wearing great!

i use to get a few thousand miles out of them on my belvedere. they Hook the best right before the threads start falling out!! :-D

when I was at the track last time I was talking with a guy that had a really cool 69 camaro that ran 12's in street trim, had Nitto drag radials on it and he swore by them, better than the Mickey Thompsons and BFG's. I'm not sure how much mileage he got out of them though.

Nittos on my demon 275/60/15's. i just put them on, they hook great on the street, no track yet, from reveiws i read they should go 10 to 15K i'll be happy if they get 8 or 9K way better than the BFG radial t/a's that didn't hook at all and lasted about 6K anyway. BTW my car with slicks runs low 12.20's at 109mph and between a 1.66 to 1.70 60'

securedownload (640x480).jpg

party 046 (640x480).jpg

anybody thats getting great mileage out of their drag radials probably isn't using them for their intended purpose. if thats the case, id just use regular radials.

anybody thats getting great mileage out of their drag radials probably isn't using them for their intended purpose. if thats the case, id just use regular radials.

Very well said...as for bfg's they're drag radials are garbage,found that out firsthand..i run m/t's and can get a half season out of them depending on how many runs i make,i tend to heat them up pretty good, i don't use them on the strreet though,i have street tires for that..

The nittos are the hardest compound,bfgs the softest and mickeys are in the middle.Ive ran all when I worked at a tire store and the mickeys worked the best for me hands down,couldnt even get the bfgs to hook and the nittos required alot lower psi than the mickeys and longer burnouts/more heat.The only ones that stayed on my car long enough to wear out were the mickeys and I got around 4k miles and I ran them exclusively on my street car.It all depends on your setup,I was able to run 1.6 60ft.s in a 3800lb street car with stock suspension with only 25 psi.,the first burnout was a decent one but I only had to do light haze after that to hook.The real key is not to over do the burnouts on the steet or strip,once they get hot if you continue to spin them your really accelerating the wear,no John Force burnouts and they will go a while.

-
Back