How many of you are stuck working through x-mas

-
I wish I was at work but they are closed today and it is cold and raining so I can't really work on the Oldsmobile and the divorced in-laws are coming over tomorrow so they can sit across from each other and make everyone Fing miserable. I will be hiding in the garage doing really nothing but drinking some Jack, I hate Xmas!

I,m working monday(double time,plus holiday pay)maybe tues,wed too if we don,t get all repairs out.I work at the Ford Plant in Oakville,Ontario,Pre-Delivery.I,m trying to work around this schedule to get my car 1 1/2 hrs away to get body/paint done.Merry Christmas!

The Steakhouse I work at is open but I'm okay with that, I was off the last 3 days and got together with family. Ironically we can't depend on the restaurant to feed us so I am bringing in some cinnamon rolls (thanks for the idea Hemizach) and some cocktail weiners in a tangy sauce. Some of the girls I work with will bring treats too. Knowing that I am playing a small part in the customers's Christmas is a good feeling too.

I am off on Xmas but need to work on my van. I worked a half day today and after the weekend I am scheduled to go to S.C. on Monday to do an install. I'll need to get the van straight for Monday.

That sucks, I've been off since the 18th and don't have to be back until next Tuesday. The best part is I only have to use 3 days of vacation to get 10 days off in a row.

I got home about an hour ago,I'm off til the 4th of January.:cheers: This is the first time I took Christmas holidays in 30 years. Frankly I don't think I will make it,I'm sure I will end up going to work for some reason.:angry7:

When I was going to college back in the 1970s, I held a full-time evening shift job in a N.Y. state nut house. It was years before I gained the seniority to get Christmas off. We always had a skeleton crew to give as many people off as possible.

It was quite lonely thinking of friends and family having fun while I was working there on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. That was until we assembled a crew over the years and we brought the party with us...Jack Daniels, Johnny Walker, etc.

My new job which is fun
Is 7/24 I'm the guy who makes you happy when I show up and pissed when I give you the bill

Attachments

• new toy2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 78
My new job which is fun
Is 7/24 I'm the guy who makes you happy when I show up and pissed when I give you the bill

Dude, that is a beast of a truck! Or tractor, to be correct!

Just look at it as more money for the car. Luckily I,m off Christmas, but worked thru Thanksgiving and prob will thru New Years. I certainly cant complain, I have a job and we get paid very well when we work holidays : )
Merry Christmas to you and your family !!

My new job which is fun
My biz card says 30 hrs a day,,,,8 days a week:toothy10:I bought my own truck 6 monthes ago.In the towing biz there are no getting holidays,or birthdays or paid vacations.It is what it is.When the phone rings,it says cha-ching8)Merry x-mas to one & all!

Attachments

• off roading 001.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1431.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00731.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 67
  • al towing02.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 79
  • AL TOW4.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 713.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 724.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 722.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 79
  • ROLLOVER (11).jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 76
  • ROLLOVER (5).jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 71
Apparently calling in got me from sitting in ohio til sunday. Now i get to go from ohio to laredo, tx. I can say ill be working thru christmas now.

you're gonna be driving thru my backyard. Are you gonna come down 35S or 90W? I'm working today along with the big boss and 2 stupidvisor's, uh, I mean Supervisors. Here the hierarchy works Christmas so the drivers can be home. I think our company (Commercial Wrecker Service) is rare in doing so. Big boss is dispatching and the rest of us are driving (if necessary) but so far it's been quiet, only 1 jump start call.

I worked most or all holidays for 15 years. Places like Saudi, China, and India early in my career. Then power plants after that. I feel your pain. I don't miss working holidays or sleep deprivation.

Well drink one for me when you get a chance. I'll make $604.00 for the day. I guess thats not to bad. What cool mopar toy should I get next? lol

I ended up taking two call-outs on Christmas Eve day, after the liquor store they sent me out way in the mountains NW of Nederland off the Peak to Peak highway on some forsaken dirt roads with no street signs. I don't know how I found this found this place, lol. The money was awesome though...8)

BTW yellow73dart, a friend dropped by Christmas Eve evening and we had a few cocktails for ya!

you're gonna be driving thru my backyard. Are you gonna come down 35S or 90W? I'm working today along with the big boss and 2 stupidvisor's, uh, I mean Supervisors. Here the hierarchy works Christmas so the drivers can be home. I think our company (Commercial Wrecker Service) is rare in doing so. Big boss is dispatching and the rest of us are driving (if necessary) but so far it's been quiet, only 1 jump start call.

I usually always go 35S, I usually get a run down here once a week or every other week.

I usually always go 35S, I usually get a run down here once a week or every other week.
Cool! If you see that white Peterbilt in post #39 of this thread, that's me. My CB is always on call sign Pacman :tongue7:

-
Back