How many times have you heard this.....

-

dust-em340

Reaction score
Hey Folks; Im Don from Pittsburgh PA and am new to the site but wanted to share this. I have an original 1970 H-code Duster 340 with #'s matching engine and trans, my cruise/show partner has an original #'s match 70 Super Bee 440+6 and at cruises and shows we always hear this; his car has the original "C" stripe on the quarters and yahoos stand there and say"this is wrong, it should go to the front of the doors, and with mine they say Duster's wern't 340's in 70 or that these motors in the Duster's were "DOGS" and totally detuned. I have heard this in 11 of 13 shows/cruises this year. Instead of critisizing while looking why cant people ask or keep their lack of knowledge and common sense to themselves. It always gives me a chuckle but gosh darnit, give it a rest. Not trying to vent and this will always happen but if people go to look at cars at least have the common courtesy to "look but not knock". Have a great day fellow A-Body Enthusiasts....Don...

been there done that for close to 30years and really sick of it.

you should here some of the names they use for my dart and demons.
they have been called a comet,cougar,chevy2,one guy told me that he never knew that a falcon came as a fastback???

so thats why i only go to certain mopar shows and spend more time on track then taking cars to shows.

then lastly you have to figure that most are brain dead anyway especially the ones with there girl friends/wifes empressing them with there car knowledge :roll:

bill

Bill; one of the best was just last night when 2 guys were trying to out-do each other with their "lack-of-knowledge" when one said to the other that my 70 was suppose to have a shark tooth grille and scoops and the console shift and buckets wern't original either. Praise the lord I wish I had that gentlemens knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my Scamp in exactly one local car show,that was enough for me!
If i ever do it again it will be at Carlisle.

The guys telling you what was wrong with your car probably weren't even Mopar guys,most likely Chevy guys trying to talk Mopar!:violent1:

Don don't try to argue with stupid people they just drag you down to there level!

Had a guy in a F150 tell me when he looked at my b-cuda that he didnt know Ford made a fastback with so much glass, about that time i told him that he had a Nice Toyota Tundra. Then he looked and noticed the word Barracuda on the fron finder.

Scamp; I would never bother myself to even correct these types, I am getting way too old and hopefully wise and appreciate my own knowledge when they dabble into their galaxy far, far away. Beam me up Scotty, there's no signs of intelligent there...Don...

dust-em340 said:
Beam me up Scotty, there's no signs of intelligent there...Don...

abducted.gif
I agree !

I have a gentleman in my car club that is soooo quick to point out the incorrect grain in my door panels or some such minute crap like that. Never mind that my car is Hot Rodded. And his car is a `68 thats missing the front side marker lights ( not even a hole in the fender....) is missing it's antenna ( BIG hole in the fender....) and sports a pair of Pep-Boys leaf spring SHACKLE BARS !

I also have a 6Bbl. and a 4 spd. that the car never had when new.....plus the incorrect grain on my door panels.
bs.gif

i had some guy once tell me my 71 dart custom (FACTORY 318 A\C car) never had a v8. he even when as far as saying that NONE of the dart line EVER had anything bigger than a 4cyl in it.... some people just dont know what they are talking about..... at this last show one guy said i should take the V10 i shoehorned into my 95 ram and put the 6 cyl back in..... because dodge never made a v10!!!!

I got out of the car show scene for just this reason. It is too bad when someone puts their heart and soul into a car and then some bozo comes along and criticises it. Everybodys car is special to them for their own reasons so what if they are not "textbook" correct. I now like drag racing and to those who like to criticise peoples cars I have one question, how do my taillights look?

moparracer said:
I now like drag racing and to those who like to criticise peoples cars I have one question, how do my taillights look?

Low 10's at a buck-thirty??? Nice !!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, there's always a knob or two that makes it interesting. I like listening to these guys without ever saying anything....:-s

We had some young girl tell me how her grandmother had a car just like my sons Dart. LoL ! I said I dont think it had a bigblock and twin scoops ! Ron

-
Back