How manyY

-

DodgeAddict

Reaction score
I have a good friend who owns a 65' Dart 4 door that came with a 273 Hi Performance with a 4 speed & A/C

The car came from the original buyer's daughter & she said her Dad bought it new like that

How rare do you think it is?

Pretty rare, im sure there are more,but I have only heard of one other 273/4 spd 4 door early A before.

Now rare and desirable are two different things. Its still a 4 door, most people wont even give it a second look. You would have to find a weirdo(like me) to even appreciate it.

Would love to see some pictures.

Sounds like a helluva daily driver!
Race on Sunday, drive the kids to school and go to work on Monday?
Sounds like someone had to make concessions, but still wanted to have fun...
I wouldn't imagine there are too many of them...

It is a sad thing as Us Early A lovers have cars that are not worth much except what we got in it. Even then it may be worth less than what we do to them!! I know as I had a 66 Barracuda I drove a drag raced in street class that had been restored and built to run fast. Then one day a old man back out of his driveway into me and destroyed it. I fought with his insurance company to get what I had in it!! Lucky I had saved all my receipts from the parts and paint job! Now my current 1965 Formula S is the same work in progress and investment under glass! Oops I wish it was Hemi under Glass, just a dream!!

65 CudaLover......Mopar or Nocar!!

My family bought a bunch of Plymouths from the same dealer over several decades. That dealer would order any combination of parts you were willing to pay for and wait for. Special order cars took a while to build.

BC

after foolin with the Mopar cars and crowd since mid 80's i found the true litmus test for a real Mopar gearhead was if he loved the weird cars!!!! ( i.e. 62 dart, 4 door 65 darts, 66 valiants!!! LOL)LOL, anyone can love a 71 hemi cuda ( especially the ultra rich dude just in it to one up his rich chevy buddy!!)

Love and worth bucks are 2 different things..I owned a *very* rare car that wasn't worth much in original, low millage condition...lesson learned..

Sounds like a neat car...wouldn't mine having it as a cruiser for summer trips with the family

My family bought a bunch of Plymouths from the same dealer over several decades. That dealer would order any combination of parts you were willing to pay for and wait for. Special order cars took a while to build.

BC
My Dad was a satellite CD DD dealer & he ordered some really odd stuff in the 50's & 60's for people
He also hauled cars for Ma Mopar

On the other side My buddy is putting the original 273/4 speed to the side for safe keeping for later

There's a LA 360 we pulled from a 43K camper that's going in it with Magnum heads
The 4 speed being swapped for a later model with slip yoke

8 3/4 with 4.30's laying beside it ready to go in

I figure we can put it in the high 11's 1/4 mile pretty easy looking like Grandma's Dodge Dart

-
Back