How much boost????

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
A stock 360 LA piston can take,controlled correctly? Any intelligent opines considered.....

key word is correctly, lean will burn. I bet more than you think. Let us know.

A stock 360 LA piston can take,controlled correctly? Any intelligent opines considered.....

I have a stock (except for a mild cam) 360 Magnum in my '72 Valiant with a Vortech V-1, S-Trim centrifugal supercharger on it and have always run 10 pounds of boost with no issues... Here is the Chassis Dyno sheet for it (I use a Snowperformance Boostcooler with pure alcohol in the reservoir) and no intercooler.

Car runs low-to mid 11's at 118mph at 3340 pounds (no driver weight.)

Attachments

• image0-2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 100_3266.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 262
Bill, was faced with the same situation,went N/A and overlap.I ramped up the cam,229/233@ .050 . ,went to the E/Q heads. Do you still tickle it,once in a while?......

I think I would limit it to 8PSI. Run with the correct fuel curve, you will never have a piston failure and 8PSI will add more power than you can stand on the street.

its all in the tune.. I had a Honda civic that I turboed the engine was pulled from a 220k mile car, bolted the turbo up to it and went mid 11s at 12 psi.. every one said it wouldn't hold.. it was like that for 2 years and countless trips to the track before I sold the car.. If you sneek up on the tune and have some arp headstuds, I think itd be a fun setup..

Bill, was faced with the same situation,went N/A and overlap.I ramped up the cam,229/233@ .050 . ,went to the E/Q heads. Do you still tickle it,once in a while?......

What "situation?" No problems here.... save burning it almost to the GROUND with a carburetor fire about a year ago... That will slow you down... :eek:ops:

Yes, I'll "tickle" it if I ever get it running again... :(

Attachments

• 100_3839.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 100_3841.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 240
A magnum 5.9 will handle 12#'s no problem with the right tune on it and live, I had a procharger on my Dakota and changed to a turbo it went faster on the same boost level though!

-
Back