How much can you 'tub' a 69 Cuda fastback and still fold the rear seat down

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I read about a guy planning to tub his 69 Barracuda fastback for big rear tires. It got me to thinking. How much could a person tub each side without altering the interior side panels behind the rear seat so that you could still fold down the rear seat.

I read about a guy planning to tub his 69 Barracuda fastback for big rear tires. It got me to thinking. How much could a person tub each side without altering the interior side panels behind the rear seat so that you could still fold down the rear seat.
I say zero.

Ive done it. The most ive found was 1.5 inches
Thanks. I have had my 69 FB for 35 years. I have blown it completely apart to paint/update twice, but I did not remember how much space was behind those rear interior side panels (what are they called?). Did you also do a spring relocation kit? I am pretty good with fabrication and welding. I was thinking about doing it.
BTW, every time I pass through PA, I try to hit a Primanti Brothers sandwich shop. Is there one near you? I love them. They started out in Pittsburg, but I guess they have expanded a lot.

Thanks. I have had my 69 FB for 35 years. I have blown it completely apart to paint/update twice, but I did not remember how much space was behind those rear interior side panels (what are they called?). Did you also do a spring relocation kit? I am pretty good with fabrication and welding. I was thinking about doing it.
BTW, every time I pass through PA, I try to hit a Primanti Brothers sandwich shop. Is there one near you? I love them. They started out in Pittsburg, but I guess they have expanded a lot.
Nope no sandwich shop of that name near me. I relocated the springs, moved the wheel well in 1.5 in & took 1.5 in off each side of the rear housing.

it's a 'burg thing.

-
Back