How much for a good valve job on Edelbrock Aluminum Heads?

-

1972DusterPaul

Reaction score
I called a guy about some some used small block Edelbrock Preformer RPM heads (closed chamber) he had advertised for sale.

He said they were sold but that he had another set he would sell, but that they could use a good cleaning and maybe a valve job.

I haven't looked at them yet, he wants about half the price of new heads...so i wondered what the going rate these days is for a valve job?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

I called a guy about some some used small block Edelbrock Preformer RPM heads (closed chamber) he had advertised for sale.

He said they were sold but that he had another set he would sell, but that they could use a good cleaning and maybe a valve job.

I haven't looked at them yet, he wants about half the price of new heads...so i wondered what the going rate these days is for a valve job?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Take the heads apart, check and possibly hone guides, clean heads, cut seats, cut valves, reassemble with new seals and set spring heights would run around 265.00 at our shop.
A fresh surface cut on both heads would run 100.00.
Brian

Getting a Valve job and having the heads surfaced cost right at $400 on my Edy heads.He honed the guides and put in new seals also.

Damn good price ,Brian.Using Serdi?

I use a Kwikway headshop machine and Newen cutter system. That's just a good 3-4 angle job, radius on the exhaust.
A bracket type valve job with blending and chamber work is 375.00 per pair. All other work is extra.

You get a $100 to mill the head or just a surface cut to true it up?

We charge $750 to do a Stage 2 port job, valve job and mill upto .060", new valve seals. This price also includes tear down and assembly, valve guide clearance, proper spring height adjustments and a flow sheet. Same price for SBM and BBM aluminum heads

Our SBM Stage 2's flow 275/200 @ .550". Thats 550HP for a street engine (10 to 1) and 600+ for a race engine(12 to 1) with the right cam.

Plus we are right here in Michigan.

We are

-
Back