How much Horsepower are you making?

-
Well, I can't comment on all the performance options ( my motor is stock, and the one in my 05 Magnum only had exhaust and CAI). But the guy's on Horsepower TV took a bone yard 5.7, gave is a stock rebuild, dyno'ed it with headers and a self tuning aftermarket EFI and made 400HP. I figure mine should be close to that because, headers (sort of ) no cats, CAI, and Diablo tune. I would be extremly happy with that in my 2700# Dart, and getting 20+ mpg too.

Here's an engine dyno of our stock bore/stock stroke 5.7 with 12.5:1 compression. Bone stock 6.1 heads, MP 392 camshaft and MP intake. AEM standalone. Dynatech headers. 545 flywheel @ 7000 rpm. Ran out of camshaft so a bigger stick will be going in and we'll head back to the dyno.

Attachments

• Drag pak 059.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Drag pak 069.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 323
sharadon does it again. Thanks for the info. Wish I could afford to run one. Although I would have to tone down the CR for a set of turbo's

That particular 5.7 engine is now bored (358 cubes) and we have the new bumpstick in hand. Currently working on a propritary competition valve job using stock untouched ports. Like to see over 635 flywheel hp at our next trip to the dyno. Also, if you want to get the max hp/tq out of your motor's, go with a standalone ie FAST, AEM or Big Stuff 3. You can tune each and every individule cylinder. Notice the individule EGT probes on our test headers. If one cylinder is running too cold, pull some fuel. One running too hot, add some fuel. Can't do that with DSP. Matching the EGT's to all 8 cylinder's and keeping a happy a/f was worth almost 40 hp. Just food for thought.

I haven't seen any issues in the past about ppl running the Diablo for tuning. Hell the fastest hemis are all running the Diablo... Plus it's a cheaper option for guys wanting to run a stock PCM with a custom wiring harness.

couldn't you get close with a temp gun on the primary next to the head? It would save the average guy a huge expense on egt probes.

It's not an issue.. the only time it's an issue would be if the tuner didn't know what they were doing and turned off the knock and tried to make a sure aggressive tune.

couldn't you get close with a temp gun on the primary next to the head? It would save the average guy a huge expense on egt probes.

No. Going with the extent of your twin turbo build, I'd pitch the DSP with a/f tuning in favor a standalone. One lean cylinder and game over. Engine failure's happen's VERY fast with high boost. EGT's and cylinder timing per cylinder are the only way to tune.

No. Going with the extent of your twin turbo build, I'd pitch the DSP with a/f tuning in favor a standalone. One lean cylinder and game over. Engine failure's happen's VERY fast with high boost. EGT's and cylinder timing per cylinder are the only way to tune.

Jerry i'm not saying your wrong here but there are several (4 off hand) twin turbo vehicles running the DSP and are in the 1000 RWHP range.... more than a couple of dozen running with direct ported nitrous (900RWHP range) and of course you standard S/C applications (800-850 RWHP range)... All these are using DSP with a single A/F wide band. Now almost all of these guys are running ungraded fuel systems (Boost a pump, Fore, AN lines and larger fuel rails, ETC..) But these guys run their cars very hard with no issues with leanness. To me if you wanted to be safe you could run another AF wide band on the over side to monitor the bank.

Jason

I haven't seen any issues in the past about ppl running the Diablo for tuning. Hell the fastest hemis are all running the Diablo... Plus it's a cheaper option for guys wanting to run a stock PCM with a custom wiring harness.

If DSP would give complete control during an engine dyno, I'd be interested to say the least. DSP with truck transplant engines and transmission's = fail. The RFE545 transmission will be the first wink link to go.

Jerry i'm not saying your wrong here but there are several (4 off hand) twin turbo vehicles running the DSP and are in the 1000 RWHP range.... more than a couple of dozen running with direct ported nitrous (900RWHP range) and of course you standard S/C applications (800-850 RWHP range)... All these are using DSP with a single A/F wide band. Now almost all of these guys are running ungraded fuel systems (Boost a pump, Fore, AN lines and larger fuel rails, ETC..) But these guys run their cars very hard with no issues with leanness. To me if you wanted to be safe you could run another AF wide band on the over side to monitor the bank.

Jason

Not a big fan of the FORE triple pump either. Sucks the basket dry and starve's the motor.

Not a big fan of the FORE triple pump either. Sucks the basket dry and starve's the motor.
Yeah we had the same problem with the baskets in the twin pump kits I use to build we modified the basket and upped the flow of the crossover pickup to keep the basket full under high loads. This was of course on an lx so the truck system would be different. We did have a twin pump jeep setup that worked well.

Yeah we had the same problem with the baskets in the twin pump kits I use to build we modified the basket and upped the flow of the crossover pickup to keep the basket full under high loads. This was of course on an lx so the truck system would be different. We did have a twin pump jeep setup that worked well.

I modified my truck's fuel tank to accept 2 seperate baskets and fuel pumps. Never had an issue, except for a fuel leak on the track trying to match plastic to aluminum. Working on a new fuel system with an inline pump.

Attachments

• Gas tank 004.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 272
Mine has a stock motor with a 833 4 speed and a 3.55 gear.I'm running a dodge ram computer with a custom flash from B & G. It has the rev limiter raised to 6200. I dont have any quater mile times but have about 5000 miles and plenty of hard street miles. It runs good enough to take all the splines off of one axle. On the way back from the Mopar nats doing 75mph for 260 miles i averaged 19 mpg.

Attachments

• DSC_0290.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 247
I'm actually working on that myself too. I'm running a dode truck hemi flywheel and pressure plate and then a 70's clutch disc with the correct spline for my 833. Not sure about it yet because I haven't got the parts yet but the truck hemi clutch is 10.5" anso is the 70's unit so I'm hopinwith some dumb luck I can mate the 2.

I tried the Truck Flywheel in mine and it wouldnt fit inside the stock bell housing. I used the mopar performance one. I have done 2 Hemi 4 speed cars and used the Center force dual friction disk and had bad vibration problems. I thought it was the flywheel because the pressure plate and disk were from my 340 and had no problems. After taking the pressure plate with me to the machine shop just in case they told me that they dont even sell the centerforce anymore beacuse of the vibration problems they have and told me it was probably that and not the flywheel. Sure enough the flywheel was out .25 g and the pressure plate was out 50 g. I asked him why he thought the centerforce was fine in the 340 and not the hemi he said maybe it was because the hemi has a much lighter rotating assembly. I ended up buying a hays and all has been great since.

Attachments

• output.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 229
Mine is from Hotwire. I have two truck harness and want to try and make my own for the next swap.

Gdemon give me a call I might have something interesting to offer you 630 276 9304 names John in case you couldn't tell

Here's an engine dyno of our stock bore/stock stroke 5.7 with 12.5:1 compression. Bone stock 6.1 heads, MP 392 camshaft and MP intake. AEM standalone. Dynatech headers. 545 flywheel @ 7000 rpm. Ran out of camshaft so a bigger stick will be going in and we'll head back to the dyno.
> hemidup, how do you make a 4.05" chamber fit on a 3.917" bore ? 09'- up heads ? Thanks, ateam:read2:

> hemidup, how do you make a 4.05" chamber fit on a 3.917" bore ? 09'- up heads ? Thanks, ateam:read2:

Using 6.1 heads on a 5.7 block also requires the use of 5.7 head gaskets. Yeah, not perfect, but the 6.1 heads were the heads that were submitted to NHRA for their 5.7 engine package. I wish the 09 Eagle heads were submitted instead, but it is what it is. However, NHRA will allow the 5.7 to be overbored to 3.995 which will be much better.

I've never dyoned on nitrous.
Way back in 08 she dynoed at 352TQ 328HP RW with stock heads on 20's.
Now with heads...and the 100 shot I'd guess that Id dyno about 450+ HP at the wheels and mabye 550-600 at the flywheel??
Anyway my current best time is 7.67 1/8 12.12 1/4 at about 5075 lbs couple weeks ago.
sidewinder cam, APS2600, Inertial BV heads, LT headers, stock short block aside from cam, stock supension superchips and psc1 tuning.
Pretty happy with it, sure I'd like to get an 11 sec slip but shoot at over 5000 lbs I'm not comlaining just getting close.

I'd really like to see what that sort of setup would do in a 2000 lbs lighter (2000 lbs faster) car with suspension and much better aerodynamics than my flying brick.. it would probably be looking at 9's.

I thought this was a bout Dyno results????? Nobody else has one of these in a car and did a Chassis dyno test on the car I'm confused????????

-
Back