How much hp/torq will an OEM 833 4sp and 8 3/4 take?

-
One thing does come to mind and that is that if you purchased a 440 (or bigger) car w/4-spd, the Dana axle was std. It could be they didn't want to go through the expense of tooling another differential for the 69 440 a-bodies. So it was offered with Auto only.. It did come in the 68 Hemi cars w/4-spd, but that was it..
Whether it was a 440 or a hemi if you wanted a 4spd you had to take a dana. And yes you had to pay for it when it comes to B bodies. I my self, I am going to run my 4spd, 8 3/4 with a 496ci. 383 in my 69 barracuda.

The best to you Sir!

Hope you do not do anything that cannot be easily undone. Like me You put a large expense in the car! I understand the desire for fun and attacked my 383 car much the same but in a way that easy bolt on changes can be corrected with limited expense overall. The budget dictated that! I now have a correct oil pan and working on wheel changes that will get me closer!

Have fun with it!

thanks... the m-car became the 4th barracuda in my collection and it kind of took over all priority on my cars. along with two 340 cars, i have a nice original 69 Formula S fastback with a 383 and a 4 speed and a 3:91. it is a plain gold car with the stripe delete. i'm going to put A-57 stripes and hood scoops on that car to try and "jazz up" the paint and appearance. i haven't driven it for years. i don't know why, it just has been sitting in my garage. there's some pics of it here on FABO on my garage under JimHarvard.

thanks... the m-car became the 4th barracuda in my collection and it kind of took over all priority on my cars. along with two 340 cars, i have a nice original 69 Formula S fastback with a 383 and a 4 speed and a 3:91. it is a plain gold car with the stripe delete. i'm going to put A-57 stripes and hood scoops on that car to try and "jazz up" the paint and appearance. i haven't driven it for years. i don't know why, it just has been sitting in my garage. there's some pics of it here on FABO on my garage under JimHarvard.
You need to get that 69 out & drive it my friend. Doesn't do them any good sitting & when you do you will think "ive should've done this long ago"

here's my thinking...

with the vitamin C orange paint just like the Roadrunner and the black fiberglass hood, i want this M-Code to look like a "drag racing only" model the way the A12 was marketed. i'm installing 8" "police style" slotted black steel wheels with only chrome lug nuts. i'm really trying to recreate the A12 with this car using parts that were in the mopar inventory in 1969.

so this is going to be a "real M-Code" Cuda according to the VIN - but with a number of modifications that Ma Mopar "could have included" ... that's the idea of this car.

i think it's going to be very unique when done. AND it will represent a "Cuda" that "could" have been built; would have been a killer on the drag strip; very drivable on the street; and very close to the "Plymouth Makes It!" "Rapid Transit System" series of cars that were the marketing theme of Chrysler in 1969.

Ok, I understand it's your car and your money. But stop trying to justify what you're doing by incorrectly stating "using parts that were in the mopar inventory in 1969"
So you're gonna put 8" police wheels on it?
The 6 slot police wheels didn't appear before 1975 or later, and they were 7" not 8"!
The 15x8 wheels didn't appear on cars before the '78 models.
I believe Ramchargers had an optional 15x8 wheel as early as 1974, but again not 1969!
Wheels wider than 6" didn't appear before 1970.
And 440 with a 4 speed? the factory would have used a Dana, period.
How about bolt pattern? Are your police wheels gonna have the small bolt pattern?
Big bolt pattern A bodies? not 'till '73!
So hopefully, like others have said you're just putting us on!
Still sounds like a nice car.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
-
Back