How much is it worth?

-

moparmatt19

Reaction score
I know its not an A-body but i need yalls advice. I might be trading for a 71 satellite wagon. It has a 318 4v and duel flow master exhaust. Solid body. Okay interior. Runs good. I have no clue on the value of these and was hoping you could help me out. Just want to make sure if I do it and decided later to sell it that I won't go in the hole. I might have it painted also if I get it. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20150608_191359_000.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_20150826_183209_546.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_20150826_180327_632.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_20150826_180026_508.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 306
I thought we always ended up in the hole when we bought Mopars.
As a matter of fact I know almost no one that doesn't have more in them than they are worth.

Personally, I wouldn't give more than about 1,200 for it max.
And that only if I needed it for a specific use.

Wagons are very popular these days. That year and style no as much as the 70-down bbody ones though. When you start talking about painting it is where you are going to start losing money.

Ok, thanks guys. I believe I have decided not to fool with it. And let someone else get it

Went to the good guys show in Columbus over the summer. Wagons were the hot ticket!

Max value, figure the value of the engine and tranny and then add the value of scrapping the rest.

wagons are a specialty interest vehicle. not on everyone's radar. they might be hot ticket this year and next year NOT!???

when buying most of our cars, unless it is a car that will be worth some bucks, ( example: 69 383 roadrunner) is figure what it is worth for parts. that's it. IF a 65 dart that is worth lets say, $500 for parts and scrape. NOW if you don't spend more on it than it will ever be worth, if you have to bail, you might not lose any or much. BUT send it to the pro paint shop, and right there you are domed if you sell!!!?????? IMO
now if you gave $4000 for a decent complete 69 383 runner, and say restored to a decent car it will bring lets say $16000, that means you could invest $12000 into it, and be in it EVEN, not lose if you wanted to or had to sell.
that wagon???? , makes a difference if you buy it for $500 or $3000, then if you pant it, if you do the deed for $1000 in materials, or pay a pro shop say $4000 to paint it. which $$ amount you rather have in this wagon if you never have to or want to sell it? if you never sell, all this is mute!
I personally feel better about my hobby cars if I can get my $$ out if I decide to sell one.

whats it worth?? anything the sellers gets over the price of SCRAPE is "salesmanship" ??? that goes for any car. UIMO

that car is a huge bowl of awesome!!!

its going to take a person who really wants a wagon to appreciate it.

I am currently building a 68 coronet wagon and I already have more money into it than its worth but I don't care because I want a mopar wagon.

This is definitely a car you don't mess with unless it will bring you happiness and make you feel like you reached a goal building it.

Its going to be a labor of love because I can tell you first hand the wagon specific parts are hard to find these days so its going to be a lot hunting and in many cases parts will be more expensive. Example is weatherstrip.....when you find it for a wagon it will usually be three times the cost of the two door version because its all specialty items they don't sell many of, unlike the 2 door version which is flying off the shelves.

Labor of love indeed. If you were close by I would be offering to buy that.

its like anything else. How bad do you want it. How many 71 wagons do you see running around these days. Its worth what you want to pay for it.

That thing is a RR grille, a six pack or bulge hood, and a set of wheels, away from looking pretty boss. A rarish, running driving mopar from before the K cars hit? it's worth something to somebody! too bad it isn't a 68-70 like the red one below..but still has potential!

-
Back