How much quicker?

-

mrtillie

Reaction score
I spent Sunday removing the backseat and passengers bucket seat out of the Barracuda. Also the radio, seat belts, both horns and windshield whippers. Weighed it all at over 120 lbs. How much quicker should i expect to run the 1/4 mile?

The old formula was a tenth per 100 pounds. tmm

The old formula was a tenth per 100 pounds. tmm

I found that it depends on where that weight is on the car. For example: When I take the front bumper off my car (33 lbs with brackets) my car picks up a little over a tenth in the quarter mile. This is mostly due to better weight transfer which equals better 60' times.

Since most of the weight you are removing is from the center of the car, I think a tenth is about right...maybe a little more.

OK ran this Sunday at the Gimli speedway and the Cuda picked up .20 Partly because of the lighter weight and partly because of some good air.

I found that it depends on where that weight is on the car. For example: When I take the front bumper off my car (33 lbs with brackets) my car picks up a little over a tenth in the quarter mile. This is mostly due to better weight transfer which equals better 60' times.

Since most of the weight you are removing is from the center of the car, I think a tenth is about right...maybe a little more.
I,m gonna remove my front bumper and brackets as I need to for painting anyway.Plus with the cool air and no humidity,I,m hoping for another 10.80 run.I,m going out wed. night and will respond with my results.:cheers:

I always had figured about 120 lbs per tenth. Good air of course can make a big difference.

-
Back