how much should i offer??

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
Its not an abody but is mopar and would love to have this car, its a1969 coronet r/t needs to be restored. Has no insides andthe top needs to be redone, no engine or trans me and a friend were gonna go half on it and build it. What's a good starting offer??

I need to see pics and have more info. Ist it all original? I would be more concerned about going half with a friend. This can get ugly. The restoration could take a long time and cost alot of money. if one of you loses interest you will either have to buy out the other (dont forget to add up any money spent during the restoration) or selling it. That could destroy a good friendship.

No interior, engine or transmission and the rest of it is rough…. $800.

If it doesn't have a fender tag I wouldn't bother….. You will never get your money out of it.

Going 1/2 with a friend is a good way to lose a friend.

I'm not worried about either of us losing intrest,we are both die hard mopar fans and look for things like this everyday and finally found something, ill try to get pics of it asap.but we were just gonna build the extra motor I have drop it in with A trans, carpet,and some bucket seats and play with it for awhile. Because the body is very solid and. Straight has only surface rust on The roof. And would need to be repainted but that's about it , we wouldn't try to rebuild it never work on it or finish it and leave it sittin in the garage, were not those kind of people cars are ment to be driven and it will be driven every other day if not everday

Those are not the issues that come up when buying a car with a friend…….

The problems start when one wants to sell or one wants to be full owner of the car.

Im not going to get into it because if you have never been through (or known someone that has been through) this kind of thing……. You won't believe me, think it could happen to you or whatever.

"The voice of experience isn't worth a **** if people won't listen."

Hello 1968formulas340
Could you please tell me about not having a fender tag
How does this affect the value of the car.
I have such a car, and didnt know enough at the time to look for it
many thanks
George

Hello 1968formulas340
Could you please tell me about not having a fender tag
How does this affect the value of the car.
I have such a car, and didnt know enough at the time to look for it
many thanks
George

Documentation is part of the value.

It really only maters on specialty cars like…… Formula S, R/T, GTS……… and so on.

I'm not worried about either of us losing intrest,we are both die hard mopar fans and look for things like this everyday and finally found something, ill try to get pics of it asap.but we were just gonna build the extra motor I have drop it in with A trans, carpet,and some bucket seats and play with it for awhile. Because the body is very solid and. Straight has only surface rust on The roof. And would need to be repainted but that's about it , we wouldn't try to rebuild it never work on it or finish it and leave it sittin in the garage, were not those kind of people cars are ment to be driven and it will be driven every other day if not everday

How old are you? (seriously)....Take some good advise from older posters on this board and stay away from anything financial in nature with friends and/or family....It's a recipe for disaster....Take it from someone who knows what he speaks....I lost a 30 year friendship over $....It NEVER ends well.

Exactly...What if one person ends up doing the majority of the work?
What if there is a fight over who gets it this weekend?...
Who's house it is going to be stored/worked on? Could be extra hassles involved.
Get the current owner to name a price..if it is cheap..buy it yourself!

Going 1/2 with a friend is a good way to lose a friend.[/quote]

Amen to that!!!!! Very good advice here. Scrounge up your own money and keep your friend and let him help as much as you can.

dude just like these guys are saying buy it your self.......do you like your friend.......because you won't after this is done....

Some details on what the car originally was would go a long way towards determining a price. What color, driveline, options, and whats left is going to be very important to deciding on a price. That's where the fender tag, or more importantly the build sheet comes into play, it's hard to prove what the car should be just by word of mouth. If it was in my town and with just the description you gave, I would not offer over $1000.00 for it. The more options it still has might change that, but more info is needed first. Geof

Some details on what the car originally was would go a long way towards determining a price. What color, driveline, options, and whats left is going to be very important to deciding on a price. That's where the fender tag, or more importantly the build sheet comes into play, it's hard to prove what the car should be just by word of mouth. If it was in my town and with just the description you gave, I would not offer over $1000.00 for it. The more options it still has might change that, but more info is needed first. Geof
Wow, you guys dont give much credit to friendship. Maybe these guys are more like brothers than friends and actually like to do things together. I had this similar situation many years ago (1984ish) with my old girlfriends brother on a 66 Barracuda and guess what, we are still good friends and he still owns the car. We went in half buying it, restoring it and enjoying it. I eventually offered to buy him out as i wanted to trade it for a Challenger but he decided he wanted to keep it instead so he bought me out. Good luck with the car and I would have to see some pics but as it sits I wouldnt think anything over $1000 right now.

Wow, you guys dont give much credit to friendship. Maybe these guys are more like brothers than friends and actually like to do things together. I had this similar situation many years ago (1984ish) with my old girlfriends brother on a 66 Barracuda and guess what, we are still good friends and he still owns the car. We went in half buying it, restoring it and enjoying it. I eventually offered to buy him out as i wanted to trade it for a Challenger but he decided he wanted to keep it instead so he bought me out. Good luck with the car and I would have to see some pics but as it sits I wouldnt think anything over $1000 right now.

Yes…. We all know sometimes it works out OK.

But the reality is that for every positive story you will have 1000 negative experiences.

Those are not odds I would place on a friendship.

You know…. If I put one bullet in a revolver, put it to my head, pull the trigger and nothing happens then it must be OK for everyone to do it.

One friend racing around town,second person takes the car for a cruise and gets pulled over and loses lic. do to reckless driving!LOL.Who,s gonna insure it?How many other drivers?LOL

Wow, you guys dont give much credit to friendship. Maybe these guys are more like brothers than friends and actually like to do things together. I had this similar situation many years ago (1984ish) with my old girlfriends brother on a 66 Barracuda and guess what, we are still good friends and he still owns the car. We went in half buying it, restoring it and enjoying it. I eventually offered to buy him out as i wanted to trade it for a Challenger but he decided he wanted to keep it instead so he bought me out. Good luck with the car and I would have to see some pics obut as it sits I wouldnt think anything over $1000 right now.

Thank you. That's the same situation here its my ex girlfriends brother he and his older brother are pretty much my brothers we all workon our mopars. Yea there are some negatives to the whole situation, but neither of us will let a car. Come between us. But we both love mopar, we don't drive stupid enough to get it takin. But I see the positives and negatives

yup… good luck.

Every bad story started with 2 guys thinking "we are different"…… "it will never happen to us"……. "we are great friends so we have nothing to worry about"……….

>>>>>>>>>>> "The voice of experience isn't worth a **** if people won't listen." <<<<<<<<<<

-
Back