How much would you pay.....

-
Some classes do only run the 1/8 portion but yes it’s a 1/4 mile track. On the other hand I always thought Darlington was an 1/8 only track and never bothered to double check, but a racer at the Rock told me recently that it too is a 1/4 mile, and it’s been under my nose the whole time! Heard it was actually a nicer facility than the Rock, looking forward to running there this year for sure
cool

AT LVMS the Strip....We used to get the 1st TNT of the year Free......I think that has happen in the last couple of years

On the way to recycle some truck tires at the landfill a few miles from my Arizona house, I found the local "test-n-tune" place (read street race). Lots of rubber on the road, two miles of dead straight two lane road, well out of town, no residences, no side streets, and downhill from the dump, so you can see if cops are coming.
Only downside? If they ARE coming, you're busted, cause there is NO PLACE to go.
Edit. Nearest real dragstrip is Vegas, 120 miles.

A couple of weeks ago at the Las Vegas
Division 7 Race = A TNT for Thursday was
$100.00 for two passes. Plus, you had to be
entered and teched for the Division Race to be
able to test!

A couple of weeks ago at the Las Vegas
Division 7 Race = A TNT for Thursday was
$100.00 for two passes. Plus, you had to be
entered and teched for the Division Race to be
able to test!
Yikes John! At least when irwindale TNT was $100, if you wrre in line when the gates opened, you could expect ten or twelve laps, if your car would hot lap before the crowd arrived.
They are now down to $40 for Thursday TNT. I'm not sure what entry fees were for the match race Madness that I went to Saturday.

Yikes John! At least when irwindale TNT was $100, if you wrre in line when the gates opened, you could expect ten or twelve laps, if your car would hot lap before the crowd arrived.
They are now down to $40 for Thursday TNT. I'm not sure what entry fees were for the match race Madness that I went to Saturday.
Wish I knew you went. We could have met up.

Irwindale on a Thursday is like a no prep race lol. I did one of the 100 TNT and it was pretty rad. Track rentals kinda suck, at least at Irwindale, the prep is minimal. Famoso is good lately but they do the Friday night TNT anymore. So you buy a weekend test pass for $100 and you can get 5-6 runs a day if you are quick to turn the car around.

I'm really think'n on a GTECH - Pro SS and a back road. From what I see in the reviews are when onboard at the drag ways they are within a 100th of a second to the actual ET slip
I got me something like one of those a couple of decades ago. It worked well enough to fine-tune my streeter for a trapspeed of 93 in the Eighth. No complaints. Mine was a Dyno-Rad. Then I got an actual SS, but it's still in the box, all these many years later.

-
Back