how off will my speedo be???

-

Mopar318Guy

bear jew
Reaction score
the car had a slant 6 with a 904 and 2.76 gears with 26.2 inch tall tires. its now got a 318 with a 727 and soon to have a 8 1/4 with 3.91s and 27.2 inch tall tires.. will it be way off?

I know Year One has the speedometer gears and a basic chart to look at.
I'm guessing at 40 - 42 tooth gear would do.

If you dont care about stock look then get an electric and it will always be accurate no mater what changes with tires. gearing. Best upgrade I have.

someone send me a link
Here's a link to the 40-tooth. Links to YearOne are a bit weird as the site is all frame-based.

At any rate, the others can be reached by navigating via the panel on the left. They're in a goofy spot as follows: Transmission > Shifter > Speedometer Gears

Hope this helps.

Here's a link to the 40-tooth. Links to YearOne are a bit weird as the site is all frame-based.

At any rate, the others can be reached by navigating via the panel on the left. They're in a goofy spot as follows: Transmission > Shifter > Speedometer Gears

Hope this helps.
so from 2.76 gears to 3.91s id need the 40 tooth?? i have a 32 tooth layin around. guess i should check to see what its got to begin with. where are they at on the trans. ill have to go ahead and check while its up on the rack

If you dont care about stock look then get an electric and it will always be accurate no mater what changes with tires. gearing. Best upgrade I have.
which electric one did you go with?? what kinda hookups did you have to make and how easy was the swap. im worried about the stock one not workin at all

mopar has them...pretty cheap....go to moparts and look up which one you need....15 bucks or so and you get a new one..

Hey mopar318guy.Do you have c-clip eliminators on your new rearend?I,d advise them if your gonna be given it a bit!

well now it turns out i have to run a 245/60/14 so itd be a 25.76 inch tire. unless i stumble upon a 15 by 8 inch rim then im goin probly 275/60/14 or bigger. 27.2 or taller. kinda helps with the high rpm stuff

-
Back