How often do you see a French-Canadian with a Hang 10 ?

-

S.Rodney

"Hang 10" owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm Rodney (last name really), proud owner of a 42 years old Dart Sport Hang 10 (1974).

Bought it from a friend... it's been passed down in her family who were the original owners.

So, checked it out in an old humid barn... the concrete tile it was stored on broke and it slowly began an 8 years rotting... (Picture 1)

Of course the leaf springs popped the bottom of the trunk... (Picture 2)

So, went to a hotrod body shop... the guy fixed the trunk, front sub-frame and completely built a new rear section (which was disintegrated). He told me the leaf-springs weren't good anymore... so I got Calvert Racing split-mono leafs.

New tires, new battery, new wipers, new filters (oil, air, fuel), cleaned the fuel tank...

Got (but haven't installed yet) new spark plugs, valve cover gaskets & paint, complete rear drum brake system (drums, pads, cylinder, springs)...

So the repaired trunk looks like this (Picture 3) and, up to now, it looks like this... (Picture 4)

Problem is... the engine stalls as soon as I let the gas pedal off... Brought it to a mechanic, told me the carb (Carter BBD) was at fault... dripping fuel in the intake... So, next spring, I'll be looking for a Street Demon (625 CFM) carb and a proper intake...

To be continued.

P1000562.JPG

P1000557.JPG

IMG_20151017_170619299.jpg

IMG_20151017_165650503.jpg

Welcome to FABO, i have one and my mother was French Canadian.
Does that count?

My post, with picture, is goofy -- Welcome -- anyway.

Last edited:
Welcome; where's the surfboard. Oh forgot french/canadians don't surf. From what I hear they don't play hockey very well either. BlackHawks will show them how it's done. Anyways love the Hang 10. Ya need a stripe kit.

Hang 10 011.jpg

Hang 10 007.jpg

:welcome: to the fray - neat car. I think the red X giver isn't liking the repair plan.. (?) -- @lkopaska -- iszat it? Anyway - a lot of folks would hang you by your toes for even thinking of changing things on that car - it's rare and collectible. I think we'd all like to see it properly restored, but just keeping it alive is Kudos worthy!! Keep us updated!! :thumbsup:

Was watching on my phone and must have hit x by mistake,. My bad really like build. Corrected; Lon

-
Back