how to adjust two barrel carb

-
Pretty general question, but the general answer is 1.5 turns out on both idle screws and go from there equally on each screw. (obviously doesn't incude jetting changes.)
Might want to do some research on vaccum guage tuning and spark plug reading, and there also a lot of variables like engine condition, timing, ignition condition, and on and on.

Pretty general question, but the general answer is 1.5 turns out on both idle screws and go from there equally on each screw. (obviously doesn't incude jetting changes.)
Might want to do some research on vaccum guage tuning and spark plug reading, and there also a lot of variables like engine condition, timing, ignition condition, and on and on.

cool thanks also i was going to ask im going to adjust my valves on my slant six tomo i've had the car over a year and when i first got it i remember hearing a lot slant six chatter when i first got the car now not any chatter at all my comp is low around on my number one two and three around 90/100 i was going to loosen them do you think this will help?

cool thanks also i was going to ask im going to adjust my valves on my slant six tomo i've had the car over a year and when i first got it i remember hearing a lot slant six chatter when i first got the car now not any chatter at all my comp is low around on my number one two and three around 90/100 i was going to loosen them do you think this will help?

Def check those valves to be sure they are not being held open because of being too tight.
Do a Youtube.com search and you will find "How to adjust the vales on my slant 6" and you can't help but run into a ton of info on it.

super six also my timing is set at O or tdc

Change that FAST! You need to pass smog or something? Can the book, set it where the engine wants it and fix mechanical to hit your total number.

Change that FAST! You need to pass smog or something? Can the book, set it where the engine wants it and fix mechanical to hit your total number.

A must for a decent running/performing engine.

I always tune my carbs with a vacuum gauge. Plug the vacuum advance on the distributor and hook up the vacuum gauge to manifold vacuum. Increase idle to around 800-900 rpm and tune the air/fuel mix screws to max steady vacuum (around 20 psi) then back off just a hair, reconnect your vacuum advance, and reduce your idle back down to spec.

i use to have it around 10 atdc my motor had more power but bad on gas and i would get a leak on my head gasket and i would run hotter so i just put it to 0 and runs cooler and no more leak i feel like my motor has less stress on it

i use to have it around 10 atdc my motor had more power but bad on gas and i would get a leak on my head gasket and i would run hotter so i just put it to 0 and runs cooler and no more leak i feel like my motor has less stress on it

"atdc"?
It should be btdc.

Also, if you had a head gasket leak from changing the timing you have bigger issue's to deal with.

"atdc"?
It should be btdc.

Also, if you had a head gasket leak from changing the timing you have bigger issue's to deal with.

whoops ya b t d c i thinks its the valve gasket on each corner toward the front and back not head sorry about that ya im going to check all comp then adjust those valves and see if anything changes ill let you guys know thanks for the help!!!

-
Back