How to attach this seat-need some ideas

-

standup303

Reaction score
Need to attach this back rest to the car somehow. It has a decently thick backing behind the upholstery. My first thought was drive a few shallow screws from the trunk, through the metal bracing, into the back of the seat, but even making them as short as possible would have me a bit worried. It does have some decently thick foam though.

Any ideas?

IMG_5784.jpeg

IMG_5785.jpeg

IMG_5788.jpeg

IMG_5787.jpeg

IMG_5786.jpeg

I'm thinking Nut-Zert type fasteners for upholstery. A friend used them on the seat of a custom golf cart he built & they worked out great.

Need to attach this back rest to the car somehow. It has a decently thick backing behind the upholstery. My first thought was drive a few shallow screws from the trunk, through the metal bracing, into the back of the seat, but even making them as short as possible would have me a bit worried. It does have some decently thick foam though.

Any ideas?

View attachment 1716152034

View attachment 1716152035

View attachment 1716152036

View attachment 1716152037

View attachment 1716152038
Just looking at your seats and I'm pretty sure its not stock.

Here's what I would consider doing.

Cut some 3/4 sheet of plywood to fit behind the seats and attach it to the Sheetmetal structure, cover it with upholstery to match the seats where visible on the sides and top.
Cut a window in the plywood and remove the seat backs to expose the seat inner structure. You then would need to make brackets to attach the seat backs to the plywood. All this would be hidden and only accessible from the trunk.

Hope this makes sense..

I think I've been watching too much "Bitchin Rides" LOL !!

-
Back