How to do #5&7 plug wire

-

BWDart

Reaction score
Have full length hedman headers on the 360 how do you do the 5&7 wires on the plug, the tube is really close, is it better to come out the bottom? Do I need 90 degree or 45? headers are a PITA
Thanks
Bruce

I always used the mopar peformance adjustable wire ends . Too bad they quit selling them.

Use a 45 degree boot and loop the wires below the 3&7 cylinder tubes then back up to the dist. Here's a picture of mine. Can't see it real good cause of the master cylinder but you can see it good enough to get what I'm saying. If you look close you'll see I slid them through an insulating sleeve because they kept drooping down onto the steering shaft and I'm sure it would rub through them eventually

Attachments

• DSC03112.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 567
I like the 67-68 valve covers with the attached wire loom to help control the wire.

Yup - 90° boots, and up out the top. 5 & 7 are very likely to cross-fire because of the firing order, so it's best not to run them parallel and touching. I like to use the cheapo plastic wire looms to keep those two seperated and held apart.

Have full length hedman headers on the 360 how do you do the 5&7 wires on the plug, the tube is really close, is it better to come out the bottom? Do I need 90 degree or 45? headers are a PITA
Thanks
Bruce

Thats a bummer...I guess it depends on the headers. I have Hedman Hustlers on my car with 1 3/4 primaries and they work well with standard spark plug wires. They don't have that particular design issue with the #3 tube going right in front of plugs 5 & 7.

Or you could do what I do and put a small section of header wrap between the pipe and the straight boots and have them come out the top like the others.
Been fine for two years.
About 6 inches of it folded over twice and placed between the tube and the wires.

I always buy the Spectre wire holders to keep my spark plug wires exactly where I want them. On wires 5 & 7 on my small block I run the wires closest to the motor on the loom. I had some MSD plug wires at one time that had the very ling straight boots on them and couldn't keep them far enough from the headers. I'm running 45" 8mm Taylor wires now.

View attachment 1714776638

View attachment 1714776639

View attachment 1714776640

View attachment 1714776641

What Spectre wire holders are these? do they attach to the valve cover bolts? See Post 9 for pics

What Spectre wire holders are these? do they attach to the valve cover bolts? See Post 9 for pics

Those are Spectre #18483. They keep going up in price. We used to buy them for under $20. Now they list for $33.99. - But JEGS has them on sale now for $25.99.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Spectre/865/18483/10002/-1

View attachment $_57.jpg

View attachment 80.jpg

View attachment 1263039_693175580701315_292437793_o.jpg

View attachment IMG_0126.jpg

View attachment IMG_3778.jpg

View attachment IMG_0033.JPG

View attachment IMG_0034.jpg

Normally they do attach to the valve cover bolts but can be adapted to bolt elsewhere.

Straight wire boots held up high and out of the way via basic wire separators from Moroso.
The rest are the basic wire loom kits, also a Moroso product.

Taylor wires, R&M looms. Will be using an insulation sock on at least the number 7.

-
Back