How to fill your tire

-
Yep, well known trick in the 4WD community. Big tires run at low pressure tend to roll off the rims and de-bead. We used to do that on tubeless motorcycle tires when they wouldn't bead too.

Yep!

When I worked at a tire shop my boss dealt also with the truck tires ... the BIG ONES! We would spray ether in the tire, hook a straight air hose to the valve stem, throw a piece of lit paper, POOF! It would seat the bead and hold air. I loved that trick because it took a lot of work out of mounting the tire!

i have heard of that but never seen it lol. my computer wont support it tho so i will watch it l8r

Just be careful ! Use an extended lighter or toss a paper match at it. Your little pocket lighter isn't safe. Neither is too much ether. Start will a VERY small dose.

if you do that with a low pro or a car tire make sure to immeadiately air up the tire once the bead seats. the ignited ether consumes the oxygen inside the tire and sucks the tire inwards. found that out mounting low pros on corvette wheels for a friend of mine. funny how chemistry works...

We do that a lot with the semi truck tires when they don't want to bead up. A little starting flued goes a long way. We have one guy spray the starting flued on one side and light it. Right after he lights it, and gets out of the way he yell go. That tells the guy on the other side of the tire to put the air to the tire. Beads up every time. Remember to take the valve stem out so you can get more air in faster too.

ROFLOL...I have this vision of you squatting down with the stem up your ***. :bootysha:

...and a flaming rolled up newspaper in the other hand.... "OK guys, just say when!". ROTFLMAO!! Thanks fish, you made my night!

-
Back