How To Find Out Almost Anything Using Google. (sticky maybe?)

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
There are a LOT of people that ask questions that the answers are already out there on the Internet but they just don't know how to go about finding it.
This Should help that.

Your Browser:
The screen you are looking at right now is displayed by your browser.
ALL browsers have an address bar that can be typed in and that area is at the top of your screen.
If you look up there right now it will say something like http://www.forabodiesonly.com and more stuff having to do with the specific page you are seeing.

That address can be removed by clicking in that area a using backspace on your keyboard and any new address can be typed in there.
If you remove the address in that address bar and type just google.com in there and hit enter on your keyboard it should change the page you are on to the Google Search page.
(It has GOOGLE in the center of the page with a bar you can type in right below it.

In that search bar you can type whatever it is you need to know.
Google pretty much knows everything there is to know about everything the human race knows.
It's just a matter of using the right words in that search bar that you type in to find it.

For example, if you type 727 or 904 in that bar and click "search" you will see tons of stuff to do with 727 and 904 transmissions, and also some other junk that has nothing to do with transmissions. (like 727 jets and junk like that)
BUT, if you type "727 or 904 rebuilding" the results of the search will be narrowed down and have more specific information about 727 and 904 rebuilding.

If need be, you can click the address below and add Google search to your Favorites or Bookmarks. (whatever the browser you use calls it)
www.google.com

Want to know what size the bolts are that hold your steering box to the frame?
You would type something like "1965 Dart steering gear mounting bolts size"
If that doesn't find what you need rephrase the search like "what size are the steering gear mounting bolts on my (whatever)

Google.com also gives results from other places like Youtube, so you may also find video's of what you searched for, and any number of other resources relating to what you typed to search for.

Use Google and find almost anything you ever need to know.
Don't find what you are needing rephrase the search.

I just used Google and typed in "How long to get to the moon at 55mph?"
This is what it came up with. Click the here > Google

Google is a HUGE resource, and we should use it to our full advantage when we need to know something, anything. :D

yea - but if everyone figures out how to find answers without posting on here - who the heck are "we" going to pick on!? (well, I mean, besides you... Greg)

The internet can be used as a huge database. Google, Dogpile (what ever happened to Web Crawler, Lycos and AltaVista?) funny how old some stuff seems to techno geeks huh? Changing the sequence, adding, deleting and combining search terms often yield slightly different and often better results..... Then you refine for shopping, images, sort by prices.... So much fun!

Like Greg's GPS coordinates when targeting a JDAM.... :lol:

Yea, like this.

Untitled.jpg

The problem, now, is that the "old system" here on FABO has fallen right off the face of the ear.........Google. "Stuff I used to find" is now "unfindable."

Last night someone was asking about steering linkage, etc. I used to be able to find this and related threads where we'd brought this up before. Just put my user name and "center link" into Google. No more. Nope......... NADA

The problem, now, is that the "old system" here on FABO has fallen right off the face of the ear.........Google. "Stuff I used to find" is now "unfindable."

Last night someone was asking about steering linkage, etc. I used to be able to find this and related threads where we'd brought this up before. Just put my user name and "center link" into Google. No more. Nope......... NADA

That's odd, quite often when I search certain terms, FABO links show up.

Yep a lot of the old links are dead now.

yea - but if everyone figures out how to find answers without posting on here - who the heck are "we" going to pick on!? (well, I mean, besides you... Greg)

If any of you even think for one second you are picking, or have picked on me you are doing a pretty pathetic job of it. :D

Gonna have to do way better than that, as my Grand daughter is better at this than anything I have seen so far.
Y'all must be related.
I mean like really related, as in shared brothers and sisters literally for generations.

That help set the tone for ya's?

Google has gotten a lot more "consumer" oriented with time, so technical info is harder to find, while "sales" oriented results take precedence.
Still very valuable, even though it may take more time to focus the search.
Quotation marks help weed out irrelevant results.

The best and fastest way that I use to find info on this site is through Google and by using the following syntax for my search:
site:forabodiesonly.com best cooling fan

So you type the following with no spaces:
site:forabodiesonly.com
then follow that with one space followed by the info you want to look for, which in this case was
Best Cooling fan

All of your results in that google search will only be from this site.
You can use with any other web site as well. You will never use the FABO search bar again once you try it this way! Here are the google results from using the above method and text.
Click the link below:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sit...-8#q=site:forabodiesonly.com+best+cooling+fan

Gonna have to do way better than that, as my Grand daughter is better at this than anything I have seen so far.
Y'all must be related.
I mean like really related, as in shared brothers and sisters literally for generations.

That help set the tone for ya's?
ok - ya big ugly pecker face, bird brained, walkin' talkin' cross eyed overly twisted "member".... fine. LOL

ok - ya big ugly pecker face, bird brained, walkin' talkin' cross eyed overly twisted "member".... fine. LOL

Ok then, keep practicing because I don't want you crying later about not being ready or knowing where the line is. :D

Ha, what line?
We don't need no stinkin line.

Is that emoticon trying to tell us what you do with that thumb while you are sitting there? :D
There's a phrase for that ya know.
pffft.. talk about not even trying - what the hell, did you take all the good stuff out that one too? ho hum - dumdedumdedum... still waiting..

-
Back