How to find paint code for 1969 Road Runner

-

mopar4406bbl

Reaction score
I hada 1969 Road Runner 440 6 BBL that was a very rare green. The guy that placed the order for the car new wouldn't buy when he saw it at the dealership.A friend of mine bought it,and when he traded it in on a 1970 Hemi Cuda, I traded in my 383 Road Runner for it. I have only seen about 6 that color. I have a Duster that I would like to paint that same color, how can I get paint code. I have looked at paint chart for 1969 plymouth but colors aren't even close. HELP !

Sound like is was probably F6 green which would have been a special order on the A12 Road Runners and would show 999 on the fender tag.

236e_12.JPG

This is the only scanned photo I have of the car and the color is not so good but does it look like this light green color (picture is from '78 or '79). I'm sure I have better photos I could scan. The car is long gone but I think I might still have the build sheet somewhere.

hpqscan0011.jpg

Maybe it was F6, but I never saw a Dart that color. The fender tag was in sad shape when I sold the car. The car has been sold a couple of times.What cars was F6 standard on? thanks AdamR

That is Y4 - Gold Poly

Maybe it was F6, but I never saw a Dart that color. The fender tag was in sad shape when I sold the car. The car has been sold a couple of times.What cars was F6 standard on? thanks AdamR

F6 Green was a spring color so it showed up late in the model year. It was probably available on anything and may have been available before spring as a 999 special order color but Im not sure.

Ive seen it on Darts, Road Runners, Super Bees and Daytonas. Never saw a 69 Barracuda that color.

Perhaps Ma Mopar had some left over paint from the 68 model cars so here is what they list for 68 B bodies.
FF-1 = Lt Grn Met.
GG-1 = Racing Green Met.
TT-1 = Med. Green Met.
999 = Dark Green Met. (plymouth models only)
Same 999 code is Charger Red and on Dodges only

69 B bodies
F3 Lt Green Met.
F5 Med. Green Met.
F6 Ivy Green
F8 Dk Green Met.
Q5 Brite Turquois Met.

Hope this helps in your search. It shows the Dupont and Ditzler mix #s if you need em

The color that the picture seems to represent was a fairly common choice in those days. On Mopars, I usually saw it with a green vinyl top.

Mopar had a strange talent for assigning names to colors that didn't match what most people thought. e.g. Moulin Rouge = Pink, Burnt Gold = Brown

The most reliable places to find the original color of the car are the fender tag and the build sheet. The attached photo is of a 66 Dart GT I restored a few years back. When I got the car, it was a mix of black primer, yellow, and light blue. I took in the paint code I found on the fender tag, which matched the build sheet I found, to a PPG store to get the paint I used. It matched some undisturbed paint on the underside of the transmission tunnel perfectly. The paint code? A4 - Silver.

66 Dart GT 001.jpg

The pic of the 1969 Road Runner is probably F3 it is called light green or Frost green.It sometimes looks silver or light gold.
Jim

I hope it has a fender tag. If so look at the second line from the bottom, the first entry on the left. Give us that number then we can help. Don't see any frost green in my charts.

My dadsroad runner had a real dark green with i think he said gold metal flake. I think he said it was something like a oriental green or something. But he said it was a dark green and Im yet to see something of its kind

Man if I had an A12 RR I could recite the entire fender tag by heart ..... Sweet...

This is the only scanned photo I have of the car and the color is not so good but does it look like this light green color (picture is from '78 or '79). I'm sure I have better photos I could scan. The car is long gone but I think I might still have the build sheet somewhere.

Old post but there are 2 A4 69 Mopars being built in my area. It is a chameleon
color. Look at it in the sun and it's silver. In the shade is a shade of grey with a hint of green. If you would take out the silver metallic and add gold instead it would really change in the sun. Cool color and very close to the ZZ1 Gold poly metallic on my 66 Dart and like on 2 Darts 66. In the first photo, look at the color on the underside of the hood. Same paint on the whole car. Looks different in different light. The second photo is with the garage door open and the sun shining on it. Looks more silver. The paint is water based with clear and hasn't been color sanded and buffed yet. toolman

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 2,658
  • 104.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,314
  • 021502951038[00].jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2,536
There were 4 colors of green in 69 F3 light green met, F5 Mediun green met, F6 bright green met, and F8 dark green met . I would say the rarest would be F6 .

-
Back