how to get 340 into 12,s

-
Are you running open headers or do you have pipes/mufflers? If open headers, add some collector extensions on, it will help build some torque in the basement rpm. The other is pump shot, try changing the cams for the pumps to extend the duration of the shot.

Converter and gear will help ALOT, it's gonna take rpm to make the car move, just do it.

hi everyone ,had the car dynoed and it made about 340hp at the rear wheels,the same as onother car my brothers got which is a holden with a big block chev,the same wieght as the challenger yet it runs 12.1 at 108 ,we,re changing the springs in the msd as the ones it came with are the heaviest ones you can get ,we believe this is part of the problem and it should help wake the car up off the line ,this car flies once up and running,looked at the msd graphs on the different springs and it shows no power at all until well into the power curve ,so hopefully these lighter springs will bring it straight away

mmmm hi guys changed the springs in the msd and then retuned it ,went from not being able to spinning the tyres to frying them and mounting the curb and buckling a front rim and busting 3 tyres,this thing dead set hammers ,its gone ballistic i think this was definetly the problem ,12 sec timeslips coming up this weekend at mopar sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear that you got it sorted, sorry to hear about the curb. Let us know how much you pick up at the strip.

mmmm hi guys changed the springs in the msd and then retuned it ,went from not being able to spinning the tyres to frying them and mounting the curb and buckling a front rim and busting 3 tyres,this thing dead set hammers ,its gone ballistic i think this was definetly the problem ,12 sec timeslips coming up this weekend at mopar sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry man.......I had to laugh at this.
I am sorry for your misfortune , but the visual the story provided was pretty great.
In a " been there " kind of way.:D
Now that you have the motor sorted , you should be in the 12's with no problem.
Don't over look the converter advice.......they make a HUGE difference if the one you have now isn't optimum for the combination.
And there are compromises in many instances.
I just ordered one for my deal.......a 9 1/2 " from Ultimate.
The car would really like an 8 " , but I also plan on streeting it some and had to be realistic about what I was going to be using the car for.......and leave a little 60 ' on the table for the sake of decent cruising manners.
But I have seen pretty good gains from switching from a bargain converter to a quality part.

headers on one side are coming off,because there crushed,putting a new piece in ,sump is dented,need a new ralleye,i know 340,s are quick,its great to be scared by mopar power,this thing gets on the revs so quick because of the roller cam,my brother says he doent remember anything except being on the curb and some lady repeatably calling him a moron,i geuss he got it from his wife when he got home too,its been great to see the sleeping giant awaken ,i,ll try and post some pics of the car!

we finally got a converter made by ptc a 9.5 3500/3800 the car ran a best of 12.59 on the weekend at 105,the old converter was a 10.5 tci,its running close to its potential now,maybe some head work,better diff gears and a manual valve body and car will go even better

Sounds like you are getting closer to your goal.

-
Back