How to improve my options?

-

Shunyun

New Convert
Reaction score
New member, new to MOPAR and my 65 Dart GT. It sat around in a garage for at least 10 years and the tire sides are cracked so I need to replace. Has 13" 5x4 stock wheels and, after browsing back a year's worth of posts, I'm sure you all know the problem.

So how do I do upgrade... what do I change to improve my choices? I read an article on Allpar which stated that brakes can be changed to bring it to 5x4.5 but I haven't yet found how. For that matter, is that the pattern I want or is there such a thing as a more generic bolt pattern?

If I were to cruize ebay and the local yards, what would I look for? For now, I simply want to get it drivable. Am I better off just getting tires that fit my little 13" rims?

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 154
you should be able to just put 14 inch wheels on it

my 68 dart had 13 inch wheels too when the car came to me and i just put 14 inch wheels on it and didnt have a problem at all

To change to the 5x4.5 you'll need the front suspension setup for a 73+ A body.

here is pic with 14s and i didnt change anything to the brakes ...just bolt and go.

Attachments

• CIMG1348.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 146
The 4.5 pattern just might be the "most universal" pattern there is. Fords, Mopars, have used it for many many years, as well as Studebacker, American Motors, and some of the newer Jeeps just to name a few. Ford Ranger and I'm sure Mazda pickups. I believe the newer Ford 1/2T pickups use it (older ones used the old "big" Jeep/ Ford/ Dodge 4x4 pattern) There are others

i mis-read ...if you want big bolt pattern yes you need to go disk and change rear axles but you can change wheel diameter within SBP wheels

I used to have 5x4inch American Racing outlaw II's on my 65 Dart Gt. 14x7s and you can get them from discount tire. I had a 235/60r14s (biggest you can physically fit) on back and 205/70r14s on front. Looked great!

I used to have 5x4inch American Racing outlaw II's on my 65 Dart Gt. 14x7s and you can get them from discount tire. I had a 235/60r14s (biggest you can physically fit) on back and 205/70r14s on front. Looked great!

I looked on discount tire and did a search by size but the bolt patterns are 5-100mm or 5-105mm... which one? Isn't 4" roughly 102mm?

I looked on discount tire and did a search by size but the bolt patterns are 5-100mm or 5-105mm... which one? Isn't 4" roughly 102mm?

don't be roughing it in MM; you need completely standard measurement wheels

4"=101.6mm good luck finding wheels in that pattern.
4.5"=114.3 you can find wheels in this pattern any day of the week, in fact you have wheel option overload.

small patern is what you can bolt on. Or any neon or old front wheel drive cars. some are large bolt and same as mini van . But you want the small pattern FWD Mopar wheels found on neons and Daytona's. such as these wheels below.

The maroon car has both patterns they are aftermarket and all over the U-pick yards right now. They are on a lot of different models. 14's 15's 16's 17's

Attachments

• DSCF0030[1].jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 109
  • steve%20301[1].jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 102
Or any neon...

ROFLMAO!!! I can see it now... "Wow dude, interesting rims, where'd you get em?"
[hand over mouth to muffle answer]"got em off a... uh... neon."
"What, you had your hand over your mouth, it sounded like you said neon!"

Good idea, actually! Would get me on modern rubber till I can justify (i.e. afford) some decent wheels.

-
Back