How to roll without front steering or rotors

-

Enjoying it again

Reaction score
Has anyone have a suggestion or two in regards how to roll a 72 Dart without upper and lower control arms or spindles. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Is engine still in? How much weight? Rolling on concrete or gravel? If lighter- a couple of furniture dollies would work. If on gravel you will need large wheels to roll it.

Here’s how I rolled mine a short distance when pulling the engine.
Engine hoist to one side of bumper, floor jack under the other side frame rail.
1177D0AB-A49C-4C15-B810-33D7F2279700.jpeg

I moved a Valiant without a rear axle or front suspension -- no wheels at all. How we did it was raise the car with a gantry and place car dollies with tires as padding underneath, then lower. Obviously you don't necessarily need a gantry, but you will need some sort of hoist to raise the car. This will only work on concrete or asphalt, not so great on dirt.

Many ways to include body casters. Largely depends on how heavy/completely assembled the car is.

Right sized metal/fasteners/wheels, will let you roll just about any weight we are talking here, and also surface being rolled on.

Body Casters - Rolling On - Mopar Muscle Magazine

Again depends on details of car and site conditions, but I have moved cars 10’ on pavement with just floor jack strapped well to the K frame, one guy pulling/steering the jack, and another pushing car from the back.

Last edited:
describe the surface were rolling on.....concrete is pretty easy. Asphalt , dirt and gravel is somethiing else

-
Back