How to ruin a classic muscle car era Mopar

-

'68cuda416

Reaction score
A paint scheme that only Ray Charles could love, oversized circus wheel/tire combos, modern drivelines , seats out of your 2008 Charger, LED lights and or some other goofy looking **** light that only a 14 year old would pick out, aftermarket instrument clusters and gauge setups that take away from the original dash look......these are some of my immediate pet peeves that I feel are an embarrassment to the classic muscle car era Mopars......in my opinion.

Last edited:
You can add a wing though!

That way when your pile breaks down you have something to push on with your hands to get it home.

That way when your pile breaks down you have something to push on with your hands to get it home.
I can't honestly say that i'm a fan of even most factory wings but it is what it is.....my 71 Demon came with a wing on it when I bought it and it's ok I guess but if I was starting from scratch I would leave it off.

Who still uses fakebook?
After everything they did during the elections? Wow.
Reminds me of the stuff you'd see there. Like some guy thinking "purists" would freak out if he LS swapped his grandma's rotted out slant six beaker car.

I have A,B and an E-body. And for me? A-body is the best for a race or performance build. One doesn't take as big a hit of moving away from an original build as one does with B-body. And certainly E-body. If one has a build image in mind? A-body has far less financial risk.

There is no doubt that A-body is the platform of most bang for the buck. Thus does have more room for a riskier build option. Will they all be winners? Of course not. But I also recommend don't be scared off by chatter. Higher risk can have higher reward. Including personal unique and imagination creditability.

Hey I resemble that remark; I like the First Year A-body wing; I put that chit on everything...... lol. Ok, I admit it; I just always wanted to use that line,lol.
However the 70Swinger340, that I bought in fall of 1970, had one already on it from the factory and I thought it looked really sharp. SO, my 68 Barracuda got one too, and I still think it looks pretty sharp. And the bonus is that my car went 93mph in the Eighth, with that push-bar on it, lolol.

I think some factory wings that were installed by the factory look really good. Of course I'm biased LOL but back then 69 or 70 to have a spoiler on your car while that was just awesome. I bought my car in 1978 every time looked in the rear view and saw that pedestal spoiler I would smile from ear to ear that s*** just wasn't out there you combine that with sublime paint a bee stripe and twin scoops four speed and a 340 hell I got wood every time I got in it LOL.in my opinion the problem came when people started slapping spoilers on everything and it just got played out.

Well..i'm not one for that stinkbug jacked up looked or a wing on a dart or duster that can't possibly do anything...but these are just personal taste items.
Good thing we're not all the same!

lights on the rear shock mount and fuzzy dice. lol and scare stickers.

Oh lookie someone feels neglected....

Forest eye.jpg

Nothing wrong with a /6 A-body with the newer front end.

Or Gramma. I remember both of mine very fondly.
I'm fine with them. But if some kid stuffs an LS into a heap like this because he wants to go fast on the cheap, I'll shed no tears. I'll give him a thumbs up and an attaboy.

1974-plymouth-duster-rust-free-great-project-demon-hemi-340-car-1.png

My Grandma did give me a car, and I did engine swap it! A Pontiac, talk about a beaker. I had to swap it because it was a Pontiac six whose balancer got loose and hogged out the keyway on the crank. Press on balancer, no bolt, dumb design. Welds didn't hold. I remember dragging a Chevy six out of my buddy's shed and putting that in. The Chevy had a bad head, but the Pontiac head fit, the bottom ends were different. I drove it for a couple years and gave it to my brother.

Homemade grille, either tiny wheels that don't fill the wheel well or giant 24" thug style wheels yuck!! Also people who do crazy two tone colors paint schemes or crazy stripe designs.

-
Back