How to ruin a classic muscle car era Mopar

-
903C68D0-7474-461F-8455-841BE41662CA.gif

A paint scheme that only Ray Charles could love, oversized circus wheel/tire combos, modern drivelines , seats out of your 2008 Charger, LED lights and or some other goofy looking **** light that only a 14 year old would pick out, aftermarket instrument clusters and gauge setups that take away from the original dash look......these are some of my immediate pet peeves that I feel are an embarrassment to the classic muscle car era Mopars.
While I purdy much 100% agree with you, people all have different dreams and different ways of doing things. If they have an old car, they're in the hobby and that means it's not gonna die yet.

While I purdy much 100% agree with you, people all have different dreams and different ways of doing things. If they have an old car, they're in the hobby and that means it's not gonna die yet.
Hard to argue that point I guess

1, let it rot outside.
2, Put an LS in it.
3, Put 13 inch gold wire wheels & hydraulics.
4, Make a real nice body & paint then stick some stupid I'll fitting stripe on it.

Unless you're Kevin Hart & kill all the bad *** mopars he buys

Mine is LS swapped, lowered, 20" wheels, has an airbrushed Tupac mural on the hood, and has a ford rear end. I also park it under a pine tree in the front yard for years at a time and refuse to sell it.

Mine is LS swapped, lowered, 20" wheels, has an airbrushed Tupac mural on the hood, and has a ford rear end. I also park it under a pine tree in the front yard for years at a time and refuse to sell it.
Have the East Coasters shot it full of holes in drive-bys?

Congratulations......but refusing to sell it is one thing but for how hideous it sounds does anybody normal thinking person even want it? LOL

<sigh.> I have to wonder why some folks need their unsolicited opinions validated by others.

Well, if only folks would get my approval before they buy wheels and tires, paint their cars, or modify them in any way, I promise you the hobby would be much better for it...
:rofl:
Look, almost NO ONE does with their car exactly what I would do with it if it were my car. There are tons of mods (or lack of mods) that others do/don't do that annoy me. But that's what makes it "their" car, not mine. I don't feel the need to criticize others' rides, and/or personal choices, even if it's a popular opinion.

Of course we have freedom of speech. What should come with that is respect for others' tastes, even if we disagree. If you can't say something nice about someone's ride, why not just mind your own business?

I come to FABO for information, not other people's opinions on what "looks good". If I don't ask for your opinion, what makes you think I care what you like?

Why can't this forum be a positive place? If I want negative, I'll watch the f'n news.

<sigh.> I have to wonder why some folks need their unsolicited opinions validated by others.

Well, if only folks would get my approval before they buy wheels and tires, paint their cars, or modify them in any way, I promise you the hobby would be much better for it...
Look, almost NO ONE does with their car exactly what I would do with it if it were my car. There are tons of mods (or lack of mods) that others do/don't do that annoy me. But that's what makes it "their" car, not mine. I don't feel the need to criticize others' rides, and/or personal choices, even if it's a popular opinion.

Of course we have freedom of speech. What should come with that is respect for others' tastes, even if we disagree. If you can't say something nice about someone's ride, why not just mind your own business?

I come to FABO for information, not other people's opinions on what "looks good". If I don't ask for your opinion, what makes you think I care what you like?

Why can't this forum be a positive place? If I want negative, I'll watch the f'n news.
Because I don't like it when goofballs make an embarrassment out of Mopars from the muscle car era with their half cocked mods....... you want to personalize your car with your lousy tastes then do it on 2002 Dakota or a 2012 Charger

Yup, you nailed it 100%....

Okay I'm not going to go into personal taste even though I think some changes are hideous. But I will have to agree leaving a classic out to rot not lifting a finger to do anything for years to because someday immaculately you're going to get your s*** together and bring it back to its Glor y days, I hate that s***oh oh one more tearing it down to a thousand pieces because you're going to restore it and then leaving it in a pile of parts for the next 10 years great.

-
Back