How to ship a crate motor?

-

68GTconvert

Reaction score
How do I ship a crate motor? It is still in the crate and needs to go to Michigan from my house in california. Fed Ex ground was $1300???

try youcrateit.com. I have a friend who sent an engine from Michigan to California for a little over 400.00.

When I was in SC I used Carolina Freight to ship a Dana I sold on ebay. I'd say look in your local yellow pages for freight shipping companies and get some estimates.

I bought a 340 short block from a guy in CA (I'm in VA) and he shipped it by Forward Air - no it's not an air shipment co but ground. Cost was $195. Also bought a long block 340 from a guy in IL and it cost the same $195 to ship by Forward Air. Shipped a complete Honda motor for my son from here in VA to Little Rock AR and it was about $180 - again by Forward Air. Only thing with Forward Air is the shipper must drop it at one of their terminals and the recipient must pick it up at one of their terminals.

The prices above are very reasonable. As 65 Dartman mentioned, the best prices are going to come if you deliver the item to a terminal and have the other party pick it up from a terminal. If you are still shopping, contact Cudachick1968's friend who is in the freight forwarding business. I have gotten some good deals through him in the past.

-
Back