how to ship a rear?

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i have a rear to ship from va to colorado.

anyone ship one before? and what is best method?
figured i would ask before i shipped it out in pieces. thanks guys!

I bought one from the big island and he built 2 wooden boxes tore it down shipped the housing in one and the shafts and brakes in the other. The center was shipped in a 5 gallon pail.

I've had a couple shipped to me. They were blocked up, strapped, and shrink wrapped to a proper size oak pallet.

costs????????????????

If you or the buyer has a buddy with a LTL account with a trucking company that will get you the best price. You might be able to tear it down and ship the parts with UPS or FedEx. If the numbers haven't changed UPS, out of state length was 102 inches measuring the longerst part, the depth and the width then adding them together. The out of state weight limit was 125 pounds.

Since Kicker speakers are local and the owner is a great friend I have shipped in and out through Kicker.

Could you strap it down to a pallet and ship it that way?

I know a guy who ships chunks and axles via Greyhound. He said $75-$80 last time.
They have been getting a bad rap lately for damaging stuff, but they'd have to beat the hell out of an axle to damage it.

It costs about $80 to ship the center chunks FedEx ground from Oregon to Chicago.

try Forward Air Freight the buyer will have to go to one of their terminals to pick it up but they are reasonable and charge by dimensions

You can also try "Freight Quote.Com" they are a consolidator and will shop major and private carriers for the best price and they will accept a credit card. FYI no freight line will accept the shipment if you have not drained the housing.

Plot drop it off at yellow freight and they take it from there. get the address of the terminal closest to where its going. They pay shipping on there end when they pick it up. All you need to do is secure the drums with lugs set it on a pallet , Tag it and away it goes. You do not need to collect shipping. Just sent one to washington state from Pa..

well, i gave the guy a deal on it at 350.00 shipped, and i am paying the shipping. do you know how much it cost the guy oldman?

-
Back