how to strip the grille??

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
I'm ready to start stripping the plastic grille on my Dart. I tried some chemical stripper on a small spot on the back and it started dissolving the plastic almost immediately. Proven ideas and suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Easy off oven cleaner strip's paint and doesn't harm plastic. Used also for stripping paint from old model kit cars you want to redo. I use to fill a pan with it and set the model in it for days and it didn't harm the plastic. You will have to spray it on let it sit and rince. May take a couple of recoats depending how thick it is. Works for any plastic or vinyl seats and dash pads.

Glass beads work if you have a cabinet big enough to get it in. I also use this method. I wouldn't recomend sand. Do not stay at one place to long . Move very fast

On my plastic A pillar trim I used a Dremel and plastic polishing compound and it worked great.

Easy off oven cleaner is the way to go. Use it on plastic models all the time. Let it sit for a little and then rinse off and scrub a little with an old tooth brush or something like that. It doesn't hurt plastic and it gets the job done.

easy off is the shiz! works on so many other things as well. like foggy windows, but it will eat the paint off your car so be carefull.

-
Back