How was your season, and what's planned for the winter?

-
Season is not over yet....track on Sunday 10/31/10. Shooting for a 10.XX slip.

Over winter, the car needs to go on a diet.

I was happy I got it on the track as much as I did.
I've been building a 71 Demon for 2 years as training wheels for my wife who decided she wanted to try drag racing. (Stock 400 low deck with a mild cam/auto/ 3.23's) After having to put the fuel cell in earlier than I had planned thanks to a rotten 39 year old gas tank.
I've been "shaking it out" and turning consistant 14.7's - Not super fast -just having a blast! I'm finally getting to do in my 50's what I wanted to do in my 20's!
Two weeks ago my spouse and I spent our 12th anniversary at the strip, where she took the wheel for her very first time, cut a .130 light and turned a 16.1.

This winter I plan to do some body/paint work, new carpet and headliner, probably some 3.9's and having the shift points tweaked in the trans.

Attachments

• Sept251.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 221
Had a decent year. Went to one test and tune. Car was running 17's last year, with the addition of the posi with 373's she is down to low 16's. Got a 360 ready to go just got some heads off Craigslist for about 40 bucks. Need to torque converter and heads cleaned up and polished. Next season we are trying to run at least low 14's. I want to drive in run 14's and drive it back home.

I will go some beach with my racing car. planned to go Blackpool beach or some other one.

Win @ Byron Dragway. TOC Qualifier

Runner Up @ Clay City KY.

#1 Qualifier & Win @ Mopar Canadian Nationals. Grand Bend Canada

Semi Finals @ Cordova Dragway.

Then fell down bad. Secondary ignition and carb issues.

Runner up In Summit Allstar Race.

IHRA Division 5 Hot Rod Champion

All in All a very good season. Lost many close races.

Many Thanks to Ron and BJ @ Byron raceway. and All @ Grand Bend. Awsome people and as always the fans in Canada are second to none.

Winter brings some much needed maintenance. New Bearings, Cam Belt and seal, possible convertor tune-up, front spring change, and 4-link change. I Don't want to change to much as I think we have a pretty good set-up.
Anyone wanting to see our results login to IHRA.com and dragracecentral.com. Search for Lisa Marg. She rocks!

Had a good season. 1 regular race win, S/P race of champs win, King of Track win (Wally), 1 quick 8 win, 3 runner-ups, 3 semi's, and a couple of good rainout splits. Ended up in the black on spending for the year by about $400. Had a lot of fun ! The only casualtys were a MSD 2-step module selector and developed a small crack in my TTI's.

Plan to go thru and check everything, and make a pattern for a custom diaper for next year.

Season just started for me;) I've been to the track twice with my new combo and found that my converters stall was WAY off. It's flashing to 7000 when it should be about 5200. Sent it back to PTC, and can't wait to get back out on the track to see what she'll do.

I'll be racing from now until June, after that it's just too darn hot.

I ran in the local Outlaw All Stars series in the 12.0 heads up index class. I have to admit that I was running my brand F car.

Event Results:
March - Cancelled due to rain
May Won
June Lost first round
July - Cancelled due to heat
August Won
September Won
October 16 Runner up
October 30 Won

Only having a single points race each month worked well with my busy schedule. I plan to finish up my 67 Dart over the winter and look for a new race track as they closed Gateway International Raceway for good.

Here's the Highlight of my season.
Spent some time with friends at Vegas.

IMGP2324.jpg

IMGP2321.jpg

Top end of the track
IMGP2329.jpg

IMGP2333.jpg

IMGP2334.jpg

IMGP2337.jpg

IMGP2331.jpg

Jim made the show and Terry didn't,but what a weekend.

My season hasn't started yet. It will in a month.... I have something new planned hopefully it goes better than last year..... Here's what I have planned for winter.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMadxvL7YV0&feature=related"]YouTube - Outlaw class at Merrill Ice drags[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1DmWPkjPA8&feature=related"]YouTube - Merrill Ice drags Altered class week 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcHYe8aoRfs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]YouTube - Merrill ice drags new commercial for 2010[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OKAOqweQZU&feature=BF&list=ULqxJLlEMckfU&index=11"]YouTube - Perry Redeker Altered Ranger Merrill Ice drags 2010 RPM[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhCHq9hadxo&feature=BF&list=ULqxJLlEMckfU&index=7"]YouTube - Merrill Ice drags R5P7 Duster Still having shifting problems Modified class week 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5cnP3_rci4&feature=BF&list=ULqxJLlEMckfU&index=3"]YouTube - R5P7 duster at the Merrill Ice drags.. Shifting issues...[/ame]

New keyway lifters, freshen engine, Try to run a 8.40 1/4 over 160mph

My season was ok I had 1 first and a few 2nd and 3rd. This was in my daily driver.. Now I'am gonna build my 1973 Duster for next year. Its gonna be a street car/racer..

My season was great did a lot of racing towards the end. The first part of the season was really hot, and I spent a lot of time moving and getting things put in their place. The second part of the season when it cooled down was a lot of fun. I made a lot of passes, the car stayed in the 5.50's rage and did well. I ended up trading my Dart Sport chassis car over the thanksgiving holidays and picked a 67 barracuda, race car. I will be spending the winter working on the car getting it ready for next year. I hope to test it out if the weather clears and warms up so I can decide if I keep the motor in it or put the motor out of my Dart in.

Attachments

• dart15.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 67 cuda 039.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 108
Only got to the track twice this year with the new to me Dart. Had some tranny issues, too much throttle preassure, wouldn't shift into third until the lights on the top end. Installed some new headers. Wife's expecting twins any day now. Probobly going take break from racing this year.

had the small block running ok with the help of mr. bob shingler best of 7.44 in the 1/8 ..
plans for the new yr. is to build the big block 500"s with -1 heads nice roller cam shooting for 750/800hp going in to the duster also plan to up grade the front end with a coil over set up and ladder bar or link the backend hope to run some 6.0's high 5's and would love to do it on a 10.5..

-
Back