How wide a 17" front tire for 66 Dart?

-

cudachris

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I want my 66 (which is in parts now) to turn corners very well, what tire size will fit in the front? I´m Running 235/45/17 on a 69 barracuda, pretty happy with the handling, but 66 fenders look tighter to me. Any help appreciated!
Chris

Do you still have the drum setup or have you swapped to disc?The disc will push out the center a bit.

No drums on this one, front discs will be 12" 6piston wilwood (which are excellent brakes that even clear some 15x8" rims if you can get away with enough backspacing)
I´m building this car from scratch, 426 small block with w5 heads, 4speed OD. Goal is a furious roadracer. I will not cut outer fenders. Spring relocation, Wheel tubes ok.
Thanks
Chris

wow, if were lucky might have enough road racing cars to make a race of it, Road Atlanta 2011, im in....mine will be slightly bigger cube, 440 to be exact with a six speed tremec, keep us abreast of the development...

with the RMS front and rear suspension kit, should be able to fit 235/45r17 front and slightly bigger rear, 245/45r17 without any issues, with some additional trimming probably slightly bigger as per Bill the man at RMS
Dodge29

My '63 Valiant with 245/45R17 Mustang wheels is going to need a trim on the front lower corner of the fender (hits when you turn them). Wheels have a 5.72" basckspacing, much less than that and you will run into the tie rod end (might anyways).

If you don't mind the trim (isn't really much), I would run the 245's.

You can get a lot of performance out of a 245/45 17 tire... so I would recommend you do the little bit of trimming to get them to fit...For the record, that's what I'm running on the front of my 70 dart. I have the alterktion, and 4spd, & 408 stroker. for the rear I have a narrowed dana, street linx, minitub, and a 315/35/17 tire...this is most likely useless info because its a totally diff. car..lol

Thanks for your replies! I think something like 225/45/17 will fit somehow.

-
Back