Howard's or Lunati

-
No matter what I built and how fast it went, the more I drive it the slower it became. Why? I got used to it.
Speed and power are like drugs.

How did Axle Rose sing it?

I used to do a little but a little got more and more….

You don't have the car yet? I think it might be a good idea to buy the car before you build a motor. You might happen to find a car that already has a decent motor that you can add a few things to.
I'm not looking for a car for awhile , I think that I've wasted enough time looking for something that's not there.

I just looked at specs on the Howard didn't look at the lunati, but the Howard is a very fast ramped cam in the area of a solid lifter Cam and is an awful fast rate for a moderately built 318 it will take some pretty stout springs and quality lifters to bring it together. Too much for factory rocker arms in my opinion.And as mentioned if you go with a speedmaster head it's a 65cc chamber in with a 318 even with a zero deck you'll be around 9 .2 compression Max don't get me wrong they're both great cams but Max effort hydraulics and come along with all the complications that need to be considered. I would go with the 108 centerline 4° advanced totrap as much compression as possible.

I would get the Howards cam that has 220 @ 050, 108 LSA. The ICL will depend on where/how YOU install it. It probably has 4* of advance ground into it. Which means if you buy a non-adj timing chain set, the ICL should be 104* [ a good starting point ] if all the machining is accurate [ & you care to check it ].
Other alternative is to buy an adj t/c set & dial it in to whatever ICL you want.

Crane Cams gave good advice with this: a change in cam adv or ret of less than 4* will not be felt [ by the butt meter ].

No disrespect to Lunati, but I cancelled my cam order with them last week. ordered a cam and lifters from them last April. Zero communications, and no answers to my emails. I'm done with them. Buh bye!

That should be easy to find. Build up the capital and be ready to purchase.
I have money saved, I did that way before I even started looking for a car. You may not believe this but I've been looking seriously for a car since last February. I don't think that I'm being overly picky about one. I'm wanting a car that doesn't need any body work what so ever and has a nice paint job. Minor interior work is okay. A V/8 car, doesn't have to be a number matching car either. p/s,a/t,a/c. They are harder to find than most people realize unless you want a project car which I don't.

Lunati 10200704. Noisey. Sounds like a solid without the better performance.

I agree. I also didn’t realize it was that small. I read 230*.
I read and type stuff backwards all the time. I really think I'm dyslexic. I'm surprised I made it this far. lol

I've never seen a carriage so far in front off the horse...
Cam for a car that doesn't exist...
LOL... You people...
Ernie Facepalm.png

Op is the guy with 25k for an a-body that hasn't found one yet and is already changing the cam in a 318 ...
Oh boy...

I'm not looking for a car for awhile , I think that I've wasted enough time looking for something that's not there.
Nice '70-74 Dusters are very easy to find. You only need 2 things: Money, and be willing to travel. I could buy one a week every week in 2022 if money and time to go get them wasn't an obstacle.

Here ya go. 12 seconds on the web, 340 so you can forget building the 318, use the money to install aftermarket AC. Done deal. Let us know when you get it home.
1970 Plymouth Duster for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-1552075

My point is, in 2 hrs on the net you could find the car you wanted. Get your $cash$ out and book a flight. Post your new purchase, we all want to see it!! :)

Here ya go. 12 seconds on the web, 340 so you can forget building the 318, use the money to install aftermarket AC. Done deal. Let us know when you get it home.
1970 Plymouth Duster for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-1552075

That link didn’t work for me, but like you I see them every day. Even on FB Market Place. I think the OP wants a car that has everything he wants so he passes up good buys. You can always install PS (I have no use for PS in MoPars because they drive like crap but you can always upgrade to a Firm Feel steering gear or similar) and you can add aftermarket AC. The OP needs to broaden his AO and not be so quick to dismiss something that doesn’t have PS or AC or both.

I have money saved, I did that way before I even started looking for a car. You may not believe this but I've been looking seriously for a car since last February. I don't think that I'm being overly picky about one. I'm wanting a car that doesn't need any body work what so ever and has a nice paint job. Minor interior work is okay. A V/8 car, doesn't have to be a number matching car either. p/s,a/t,a/c. They are harder to find than most people realize unless you want a project car which I don't.
There, I found you a car

20211125_234657.jpg

20211125_234808.jpg

-
Back