Howard's or Lunati

-
My daughter has dyslexia. Glad I caught it early.
I'm almost 100% certain I do as well. Yeah, I'm glad you did. I know there's all kinda things you can do now. I'm just a lost cause. lol

That link didn’t work for me, but like you I see them every day. Even on FB Market Place. I think the OP wants a car that has everything he wants so he passes up good buys. You can always install PS (I have no use for PS in MoPars because they drive like crap but you can always upgrade to a Firm Feel steering gear or similar) and you can add aftermarket AC. The OP needs to broaden his AO and not be so quick to dismiss something that doesn’t have PS or AC or both.
Agree. I too, like manual steering and manual brakes. I converted both my Dusters to manual everything LOL. More going to manual than to power, so he could trade a manual steering box for power steering box even up. But, most I find are power steering anyways. He can get a hold of Jpar for an aftermarket AC set up LOL. I think it's more about money and/or travel. So many want back into it, and they think it's 1988 where a couple grand and 15 minutes brings home a beauty. Probably, as he suggested, a new chally would be best for him :)

I put a Lunati 703 hydraulic with their lifters in my 340,
might have 2000 miles since the rebuild and a couple of lifters are already rattling, I have to reseal my intake so while I do that, I'm putting in a solid lifter cam, I'm done with hydraulics. By the way I'd go with the Howards if I had to go with the two choices.

No disrespect to Lunati, but I cancelled my cam order with them last week. ordered a cam and lifters from them last April. Zero communications, and no answers to my emails. I'm done with them. Buh bye!
Did you order a custom grind cam? I've heard that's the way to go to get the most out of your combination. That
Agree. I too, like manual steering and manual brakes. I converted both my Dusters to manual everything LOL. More going to manual than to power, so he could trade a manual steering box for power steering box even up. But, most I find are power steering anyways. He can get a hold of Jpar for an aftermarket AC set up LOL. I think it's more about money and/or travel. So many want back into it, and they think it's 1988 where a couple grand and 15 minutes brings home a beauty. Probably, as he suggested, a new chally would be best for him :)
The money isn't the issue here. It's going to
Keep on it Dan! It’s out there.
I sure hope so

Nice '70-74 Dusters are very easy to find. You only need 2 things: Money, and be willing to travel. I could buy one a week every week in 2022 if money and time to go get them wasn't an obstacle.
I don't think that you could buy one once a week unless you bought just any old thing. I don't mean to sound ignorant but I've been looking for months and I used a distance up to 200 miles from where I live and 99% where project cars, and I mentioned that I don't want a project car. If it needs minor cosmetic stuff done or interior work that's okay. I don't want a car that needs body work as I can't do that myself and it gets expensive quick. Let's be truthful here, a clean rust free "A" body is like finding a needle in a haystack. If I fly everywhere checking out cars that takes away from what I can pay for the car this is why I have to keep my search within a reasonable distance.

I'll sell you my 1971 Dart. It has a/c and p/s and has over $20,000 alone in bodywork and paint with a brand new 340/727 and 8 3/4 rear. I'll need $45,000 for it though.:)

I'll sell you my 1971 Dart. It has a/c and p/s and has over $20,000 alone in bodywork and paint with a brand new 340/727 and 8 3/4 rear. I'll need $45,000 for it though.:)
I need to stay within my budget, I'm not having a payment on a car that's just a toy

I need to stay within my budget, I'm not having a payment on a car that's just a toy
Ok, so it comes down to "nice, quality driver Dusters with PS & AC are out of your price range. I'm not being ignorant, but I literally could buy 52 (amount of weeks) quality 318 Dusters next year between 15k-20k. But, probably not all within 200 miles. You can buy a car 2000 miles from you and pay a shipper to bring it to you. Good luck :)

I suggest the OP doesn't buy either the howard or lunati. I think his post where he stated buying a newer challenger is the best bet, and I'm being serious. It will give him all the comfort features, he can buy it locally, and have looks, performance, and convenience all in one.

Shoot, Rob, that's a clean example, not #s car, but you know We don't care! Point is, he's got 10k to add for the creature comforts...
5k for a driver quality paint job, 1k for the A/C. Another 1k to button up some loose ends he may not like. 3k of budget left over, that's a lot of eat'n out !!!

5k for a driver quality paint job, 1k for the A/C. Another 1k to button up some loose ends he may not like. 3k of budget left over, that's a lot of eat'n out !!!
I,000 for A/C, that's funny. Last time I checked on a ac system for a mopar it was closer to around 1,500 and that's without the pulleys and then there's freon etc.

I,000 for A/C, that's funny. Last time I checked on a ac system for a mopar it was closer to around 1,500 and that's without the pulleys and then there's freon etc.
Now you can just keep being a negative Nanny, and find 10k reasons why it all can't be done, and be a Eeyore. But here it is right here, and several members have installed them. A whole 18 seconds to type it in and see all they offer. Some don't want solutions, just mope about the problems...

Vintage Air Underdash Heat & A/C Kit, Brushed Insert, Vert. Cond.

Dan the man, I've posted my last link to try to help you right here^^ . Good Luck, but I'm naturally a Tigre in life, not an Eeyore. Just can't be in the same room with a Eeyore for 10 minutes and I'm done.. LOL Good Luck

Last edited:
-
Back