How'd ya run against this???

-
I don't know. I have no problem fitting in a mustang. 5'11 and 175 pounds. Guess if you let yourself go and put a bunch of pounds on (much like what happened with the challenger..lol) I can see a point there. I'd have no problem driving a mustang on long drives.

Now the challenger is a nice road car. I've stated that many times in the past. But if I was gonna buy a new fiat with a Chrysler decal on it for traveling I'd get a charger or a 300. Basically the same car and a lot more functional for trips in my opinion.

Are you saying I'm fat? OUCH!
I think maybe I have higher standards, as many people do. 5'8' and 190, and that Mustang is just cheesy, sorry. A corolla fits a big guy too, but they are still pogo sticks. If you want to go racing, go ahead. Most people don't care about that, but they do want a quality car Inside. The mustang is perfect for a teenager, But I grew up a long time ago. Even the Japanese laugh at them. personally mustangs are junky little midget cars inside, and they always have been, and They always will be. That is why their resale value is crappy. The bottom line is Ford is no more American than GM or Fiat. That huge myth is perpetuated by Ford lovers.

No, you're not fat... You're "horizontally challenged".... LOL!
Not a chance of that! I just don't like the midget person in the back seat having his boney assed Knees in the back of my front seat! Oh, sorry! what back seat? The mustang was just a converted ford falcon, and I think it hasn't changed much!LOL:happy1:

5'8 and 190 sure isn't thin.lol

the back seat argument always makes me laugh. i've been the back seat of a challenger and its pretty much as useless as a camaro or mustang back seat. may be ok for kids (so is a mustang or camaro back seat)but sure not enough room for an adult to be comfortable on a trip more than a few minutes thats for sure...

lol.. and the cracking plastic interior of a challenger is classy? now thats funny i don't care who you are.. you really are reaching now...

Not at all, I had full grown adults in the back seat, and selling houses they rode around all day, no problem. In no way would that happen in a Mustang. Anybody with two minutes and a tape measure can verify that a mustang back seat is non existant. Then,
put four adults in a mustang, it turns into a turd, the midgets in the back seat upchuck from the crappy ride, and scream to get out. I'm nobody special, but the majority of Challenger owners could care less about this discussion. The Proof is in the pudding. Used Challengers sell faster, and for more money than the stock Mustang. Remember, the customer is always right! I know people at the large auction house here, and Mustangs come through cheap. Challengers always bring good money, why would that be? Because they are slower? I'm in no way saying the car couldn't be improved, and Fiat's motives are dubious at best. But Ford cares little about you Mustang lovers, only conveniently so, as China and South America is where the real money is. You can't trust Ford any further than you can throw them. Fiat, Ford, and GM are in collusion for control, nothing else.
And by the way, there a re a lot of 5'8-190 lb football players, how do you know I'm not one of them?:cheers:

Krazykuda, I am not saying you don't have some legitimate points, however, ranting about all what you don't like about your Dodge headquarters is completely off subject of what this thread is about. It must be miserable to have to HATE the cars you claim to love, so you love to hate 'em? Or hate to love 'em?

It's frustrating that the company that I was raised to love has turned out the way it has.

I love the old Mopars. They were great cars.

The new ones are very disappointing. Not near what they were back in the day. :wack:

I'm still a fan of the old ones, but I'm disappointed in what they have to offer today. I want a top of the line Challenger that I can pull up to any Mustang or Camaro and kick its ***. Period. No excuses. The old Hemi Challenger could take that task on in the old days - the Hemi was king then. I want the new Challenger to be able to run against "the big dogs" and win. :cheers:

And I don't want to have to fight them over warranty like I did my Laser. If you are going to try to compete in a class, build one that will hold up and stand behind it. It's the new management mentality that money comes before quality that is getting in the way.

You build me something that will hold up and last a long time, I'll be as loyal as a dog. But if you build one that breaks and then leave me hanging, then adios... I'll go somewhere else. Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me... And believe me, they fooled me more than twice.... :sign3:

I busted my *** to get my Laser. My dad told me that if I could keep my GPA above 3.0, he would buy me the new car of my choice. I took hard classes with no blow-off ones and got a 3.62 GPA - including Physics. Even with losing my girlfriend of 3 years to start going out with my best friend behind my back (we hung around for five years - had keys to each other's house and didn't even knock to come in. We went on vacation with their family, and they came to the car shows with ours). I had lost my girlfriend and had to find all new friends to hang around with - and still kept my GPA up. My counselor came up to me at the end of the year and asked how I did it? I told him, "I'm wasn't going to let that ***** ruin my chance at a new car." :finga:

All of that hard work, just to have numerous transmission problems and fight Chrysler over warranty... Yeah, I have a right to be mad at them. That's no way to attract and keep new customers.

To keep going back to a company that keeps screwing you is senseless. It's like the battered wife that refuses to leave her wife-abusing husband.

I just don't like the midget person in the back seat having his boney assed Knees in the back of my front seat!

The term is "little poeple".... :protest:

Boy, you guys sure aren't "politically correct".... LOL!

It's frustrating that the company that I was raised to love has turned out the way it has.

I love the old Mopars. They were great cars.

The new ones are very disappointing. Not near what they were back in the day. :wack:

I'm still a fan of the old ones, but I'm disappointed in what they have to offer today. I want a top of the line Challenger that I can pull up to any Mustang or Camaro and kick its ***. Period. No excuses. The old Hemi Challenger could take that task on in the old days - the Hemi was king then. I want the new Challenger to be able to run against "the big dogs" and win. :cheers:

And I don't want to have to fight them over warranty like I did my Laser. If you are going to try to compete in a class, build one that will hold up and stand behind it. It's the new management mentality that money comes before quality that is getting in the way.

You build me something that will hold up and last a long time, I'll be as loyal as a dog. But if you build one that breaks and then leave me hanging, then adios... I'll go somewhere else. Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me... And believe me, they fooled me more than twice.... :sign3:

I busted my *** to get my Laser. My dad told me that if I could keep my GPA above 3.0, he would buy me the new car of my choice. I took hard classes with no blow-off ones and got a 3.62 GPA - including Physics. Even with losing my girlfriend of 3 years, to start going out with my best friend behind my back (we hung around for five years - had keys to each other's house and didn't even knock to come in. We went on vacation with their family, and they came to the car shows with ours). I had lost my girlfriend and had to find all new friends to hang around with - and still kept my GPA up. My counselor came up to me at the end of the year and asked how I did it? I told him, "I'm wasn't going to let that ***** ruin my chance at a new car." :finga:

All of that hard work, just to have numerous transmission problems and fight Chrysler over warranty... Yeah, I have a right to be mad at them. That's no way to attract and keep new customers.

To keep going back to a company that keeps screwing you is senseless. It's like the battered wife that refuses to leave her wife-abusing husband.

I am with you 100%. If it matters, I have run the newer Mopars as a business since 1996. The 2012-13 Ram, Jeep patriot quality with Fiat is heads above Daimler. I had a 2007 Ram truck, and a 2012. the difference is significant. the 07' patriot was a decent jeep, but the 13' hands down is a much better quality vehicle. Can they be better? I hope so, otherwise I won't be buying any more mopars.
A 71' Demon is staring to look pretty good right now!

I am with you 100%. If it matters, I have run the newer Mopars as a business since 1996. The 2012-13 Ram, Jeep patriot quality with Fiat is heads above Daimler. I had a 2007 Ram truck, and a 2012. the difference is significant. the 07' patriot was a decent jeep, but the 13' hands down is a much better quality vehicle. Can they be better? I hope so, otherwise I won't be buying any more mopars.
A 71' Demon is staring to look pretty good right now!

Glad to hear that their quality is getting better.

My a--hole neighbor has a Patriot. Two weeks ago, he was trying to start it for 10 minutes and it kept dying on him.

I so wanted to wait until he got out of it to ask him if he needed a push.... Just to rub it in... LOL!

But I was busy running from my front garage to my back garage fetching parts/tools while we were working on my son's Valiant, and missed him.

His car is fixed now... It was good to see him having trouble!

(I throw a pile or two of dog crap in his yard once in a while when he's not around. If he says anything, I'll ask him if he is sure that it's not from the wild coyotes around here... )

He thinks that I don't notice that he's throwing all of the fallen tree branches/sticks in my yard....

The best way to add insult to injury is when you're signing someone's cast.... - Dimitri Martin

:cheers:I ran my 07' to 99k, sold it with only one repair the whole time, a lower A frame. I actually traded my 2010 Challenger RT in to get my Wife a new 2013 patriot. Since then she has put on 26k and not one problem.
I miss the Challenger a bit, but it got her another new car.I paid 28k for that Challenger, and when I traded, The list price on the jeep was 27k for the Limited. I gave the guy my Challenger and 4k, and drove off. 31,000 miles and two years of driving. Try that with a Mustang. That was 82% return after two years, I would buy another without any hesitation. :cheers:

SHOCKED is the right word. Shocked that 4 pages of thread and Still not one Chally owner has posted their time. I know I can get them in the magazines, Utube, etc. But I wanted a owner here to post their personal experience. Some of you need to visit my "why I hate" thread. Your responses will fit perfectly and be welcomed....

It should be clear by now that very few, if any challenger owners raced their cars at the track, or care to. The effort to find out has it's value, however!

why would that be?

its pretty obvious. a mustang is so much more popular that there are tons around so that keeps the price down. a less popular challenger that doesn't sell as well and also hasn't been produced as long have less to choose from and with less to choose from the price is naturally higher. nothing more,nothing less. pretty simple isn't it.

It should be clear by now that very few, if any challenger owners raced their cars at the track, or care to. The effort to find out has it's value, however!

go to challenger talk. i'm sure a lot of guys there race their challenger. its a new challenger question on an abodies board.. there are some guys here with them but not a ton of them..

fresh off the showroom floor? does the camaro computer hold it back for so many miles at first like the challenger? could be why it only ran a 14.

challenger times will be all over the place. i know two guys with stupid little things done like CAI and cat back exhaust that are running low 13's with their 5.7 challenger automatic. but those guys can also drive. have also seen/heard of plenty of 5.7 challengers that can't get out of the 14's. the stick cars also tend to be slower because of launch issues. wheel hop, driver not able to drive it properly etc..

hell there is a guy on moparts with a v-6 mustang that drops pretty well in to the 13's all stock but maybe a CAI. thats crazy there...

i think this is about as close to it that you are going to get at this point. what i typed is legit...

SHOCKED is the right word. Shocked that 4 pages of thread and Still not one Chally owner has posted their time. I know I can get them in the magazines, Utube, etc. But I wanted a owner here to post their personal experience. Some of you need to visit my "why I hate" thread. Your responses will fit perfectly and be welcomed....

I tried to help by posting the u-tube video.

Sorry, I can't help you with first hand experience. My Dodge dealer wasn't interested in talking to me to sell me one.

I was in there at least 3 times looking. I once got a salesman to talk to me for 10 minutes, then he got a phone call. When he was done with the phone call, didn't come back to talk to us.

Another time that I was looking, I opened the hood and started to remove the plastic cover on the engine to see what is underneath it. The secretary secretly called the owner down on me. Turns out I know him from the old days when he used to work parts. I bought his last set of W-2 heads when he got out of racing and still have them brand new in the boxes today. He didn't even comment about me "poking" around under the hood, however he is now the owner and doesn't get involved in sales. His father knows my dad also. Dad bought their first Viper from him...

Another time I bumped into him at the Chryler/Jeep dealership that they own also. I commented to him that I was interested in a Challenger and that I could not get any help from his sales people. He handed me a card for a $500 discount. I put it in my wallet for later.

A few months later, I go to the Dodge dealership with my oldest son and start looking at Chargers and Challengers in the showroom. There were only 2-3 other people looking beside us and one salesman commented to us, "I'll be with you in 5 minutes". We were serious about buying and wanted to test drive the 5.7 and SRT in both manual and auto, but couldn't get any help. The salesman never left his desk to help us. We walked out after 45 minutes.

I ended up finding a 71 Challenger convertible on FEBO and bought it instead. It was only AFTER I bought the convertible and drove it in when I was going to see the parts guy, that a salesman came up to me and asked to help me (hoping I was going to trade it in). I told him that I tried to buy a new one from them and couldn't get any help from their salesmen, and in the meantime found the convertible instead.

One time when I drove my son's Mustang GT500 in, one of the mechanics comes out to admire it and says that it's much better than the Challenger. But if I drive my daily driver 94 Buick Centruy in, nothing/nada/zilch... It's like I'm invisible... I don't think that I'm a ghost yet...

My oldest son has told me that he's glad that we got the old one, as he likes it better. We get many looks and compliments while we drive it. I once picked up my ex from the airport in it when she came in for a visit and on the way home, we were next to a guy in a newer Challenger R/T who offered to trade us straight up on the spot. Well you all know that that isn't going to happen. There were only 2,165 Challenger convertibles made in 71, and this is my second one. (the other one is still being restored).

So in closing, I tried. I really tried to buy a new Challenger. But as fate would have it, it just wasn't in the cards. If I had one, I would tell you what you are asking for, but I can't.

Here's some pictures of my convertible:

View attachment Chall front_crop.jpg

View attachment Chall ftrt 2_crop.jpg

View attachment Chall rear 2_crop.jpg

View attachment Chall back 1_crop.jpg

View attachment Chall rear 1_crop.jpg

View attachment Chall ftlt 1_crop.jpg

Like I stated in an earlier post, I would love to buy a new Challenger convertible twin for one or both of my old 71 Challenger convertibles to have a matching set of old and new Challenger convertibles, but Chrysler hasn't come out with one, and can't tell me if they will make one in the future (Or they may have to kill me if I get a hold of that "top secret" information).

Now do you believe that I'm an old Mopar fan???

And if they do race their Challengers at the track, if Chrysler gets wind of it may not want to warranty the car, like they did with my Laser.

Krazykuda, have you tried speaking with them in Italian?

LOL! No. The only Italian that I know is my ex wife....

And for any of you young guys out there, DON'T MARRY AN ITALIAN WOMAN! When they get mad, wow, what a temper.... Run... Run fast, run hard, and run far... :eye:

A guy once told me that when I was younger (he was also married to an Italian) and I didn't listen. I had to learn the hard way... :banghead:

But if you ever have a chance to eat dinner with an Italian family, you won't go home hungry... Man do the Italians like to feed you. I would practically gain 5 lbs when we ate at her parents house. They cook LOTS of food and like to feed you until you can't move anymore because you are so full...

It's a beauty, Krazykuda (your 71). But I've raced about everything from turbo K cars to old dodge trucks, and I am in disbelief that the new chally's have been roaming around for yrs, and no one to post. You see, I don't believe the Chally is as defeated in the performance game as most would think. And also, the new tranny's in the brand new ones are making them even quicker. I also seen were the new 3.6 V6 beat the new Camaro V6. We machine sun gears for Dodges, and 8 speeds, 9 speeds and even 10 speed automatics are here to keep the ultimate performance and gas mileage at all times. I thought we could see the older ('05's and such) turn slower times but the '14's turning faster times, and the brand new ones are going to keep getting quicker. I think straight up V8's (no boost) will not be what most people think. But who knows, perhaps some will find this thread and post. I seen a 300c go 13.9's ironically, the same day the 2012 Camaro went 14 flat. The Camaro was driven its break-in mileage before it was ran. That was what the car had, a 14 flat.

It's a beauty, Krazykuda (your 71).

Thanks. B5 is my favorite blue.

Our first car that started us in the hobby was a 71 Challenger convertible. We still have it, it still needs lots of work. When we first started fixing it, many of the replacement panels were not available. Now they are.

That's why I had to get the blue one. Our other one has been apart for so long, I needed something to reference to put it back together. The first one was taken apart over 20 years ago, mostly by my brother. Now I have the blue one to see what parts go where and which screws go in which hole. The first one was originally a GK6 Dark Metallic Bronze with brown interior, white top, white dual stripe down the side, PS, PB, A/C, luggage rack, AM/FM Stereo Cassette, power top, standard gauges, R/T hood, and factory 340 car with disc brakes up front. From what I've been told they only made 176 Challenger convertibles with the 340 that year out of a total of 2,165 convertibles made that year.

It had been passed around like a cheap ***** before we got it. It had at least 3 coats of white paint over the original bronze. The guy we bought it from had plans to pull the 340 and install a Hemi to race it as it was a different class than the hardtops and was less competition. Luckily, his wife got pregnant, and he had to sell the car.

The blue one is a factory 318, P/S, drum brakes, manual top, console, auto, manual top. It was still bone stock 71 318 down to the 2 barrel and choke. The only mods that were done were an R/T hood and dual exhaust. None of the interior panels have been cut for speakers. Someone put an aftermarket CD stereo in it, but it only has the one speaker in the dash. So I have the only mono stereo car in my town, and I don't care. I'd rather not cut up the interior and keep it original.

The Challenger convertibles are one of my favorite body styles along with the 2nd generation fastback Barracudas. I own two of each body style.

Not at all, I had full grown adults in the back seat, and selling houses they rode around all day, no problem. In no way would that happen in a Mustang. Anybody with two minutes and a tape measure can verify that a mustang back seat is non existant. Then,
put four adults in a mustang, it turns into a turd, the midgets in the back seat upchuck from the crappy ride, and

Have you ever been in a late model mustang ? My family of 4 (both kids are taller then me) fit quite nicely and we have gone on trips of 2 hours or more..no one was complaining..which is rare .Oh, and on that particular trip, I was mostly at + 80 MPH..

If it is a choice of my RAM, the wife's Subaru or the Mustang, there isn't any debate..

Your family must be really big........

The biggest problem here is that Mustang makes a model for all budgets...not those with deep pockets..

Have you ever been in a late model mustang ? My family of 4 (both kids are taller then me) fit quite nicely and we have gone on trips of 2 hours or more..no one was complaining..which is rare .Oh, and on that particular trip, I was mostly at + 80 MPH..

If it is a choice of my RAM, the wife's Subaru or the Mustang, there isn't any debate..

Your family must be really big........

The biggest problem here is that Mustang makes a model for all budgets...not those with deep pockets..

I`m not a ford guy,never have been. both my daughters have mustang a gt. best friend growing up had one, mother and sister had one(always had trouble w/ them). my dad drove fords and had some real bummers-new ones too. :violent1: I`m 6`2" and have never felt comfortable in any of them. and like I said before, there is no use comparing supercharged engines to non-supercharged engines. yea the challengers need to step up w/ less weight and superchargers like their competition.

-
Back