howdy yall 1971 dodge demon

-

Twizted_Redneck

Reaction score
hi wanted to start a thread on to say hi names Richard from a small town in texas called Muleshoe joined the air force in 2004 and still in i just got moved back to a base close to home and found me a car to work on i went to look at a 72 duster with a 440 and there was this 71 demon siting next to it with a very clean body and the inside was almost like new bad thing was it had a /6 with a 3 speed but the guy gave me a 1985 furry to go with it to do a 318 swap i dont want a 318 so i just have a free car. for some reason every one thinks a 440 is worth gold i found out i have a 4 speed trany just need a monster power plant to put in my new baby.
164021_1829311296848_1362320082_32129652_1488966_n.jpg

WELCOME WELCOME car looks great so funny to think an awsome named car like the demon could have came with a slant.

sadly good year 440s are becoming worth gold as well as 340's and 360's many more 318 383 and 400 cars coming around

Nice looking car! Hey Can you do me a huge favor? can you give me specs on the Demon Tail lights and tail panel spacing. working on a theme for my duster.

Welcome nice looking Demon. Build a 400 easier to find and cheaper, Stroker kits are reasonable too.

Again, Welcome to FABO. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your Demon in person. I still think it would be a good idea to drive it(and enjoy) as is while building up your parts stash for the bigblock swap, which will take a while... Just my opinion. But if the rest of that car looks that good and is in as good a shape, should not take much to get her up and running.

Anyhow, this is a great site. Welcome.

CM

hello to all i will be doing a engine swap some time but i will be taking the advice of martin and throw some tires on it and clean her up some more while i gather parts.

Can some one tell Twixted and me if the 3speed trans has a mounting pad on it for floor mounted shifter? Does not look like it.

Does anyone have any column shifted 3speed linkage parts that they could let go of on the cheap so he can get this car driving?

Thanks!

this is what i have for the shifter the guy i got the car from put a floor shifter but it fell apart lol
167089_1849238915026_1362320082_32164383_1215111_n.jpg

well i found this information for a t10 let me know if any of you have any more info

Borg Warner transmission are covered in this section T10's, rear wheel drive (RWD), typically use by models: Chevrolet Camaro, Corvette, BelAir, Biscayne, Impala, Chevelle, El Camino and Malibu. Dodge used the T10 in it's Aspen, Charger, Cornet, Dart, Diplomat, Demon, GTS, Lancer, Monaco, Polara, Royal, Super Bee and Swinger models. Ford installed the T10 in Rancho, Galaxy, Falcon, Mustang and Failanes. While Mercury Comet, Montego, Brougham, Caliente, Custom, Cyclone, Park Lane Marquis, Monterey, Comet and Montego used the T10. Plymouth installed this popular T10 in it's Barracuda, Belevedere, Darracuda, Duster, Fury, Gran Fury, GTX, Plaza, Roadrunner, Satellite, Savoy, Scamp, Valiant and Volare models. Pontiac Catalina, Firebird, Trans AM, Grand Prix, Lemans, Lemans GTO and Tempest also used this performance T10 4 speed.

Richard first off thanks for serving our country. Second welcome to FABO. You will find all the info you need here. I have a 72 Demon resto im working on. Wow that car looks very clean in the pictures. Cant wait to see it outside the storage unit. Good luck and keep us posted.

Richard, these are from the 69 Dodge FSM (factory service manual) that I was telling you about on FB. I am not 100% that the set up is exactly the same, but it, most likely, is for 67-72 abodies. Will give you a good idea of what is missing/needed on yours. Please let me know if this helps... I hope you can get this thing up and running soon....:burnout:

Attachments

• DSCF6800.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCF6799.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF6798.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCF6797.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 191
Welcome aboard this great site, or in my words Howdy from Arkansas.

-
Back