Hows it look?!

-
Here a lesson, when you are welding thick stuff to sheet meal spend more time on the thick stuff and just a quick dip into the sheet metal and it work well for me.

Well I cant really see anything when I start welding or while I'm welding. I'm using not so good of a hood. But the thing is definitely stuck on there

Isn't welding kinda like going to the dentist. You put in filler and grind off to make it look good......lol.

Looks good man it will hold. I still struggle with making "pretty" welds but they are strong and I'm pretty good with a grinder and file! Haha

Yes, the rear bracket should be touching the hump in the center. It gets a small bead on both sides in the middle. Did you use the factory dimples to locate everything?

It looks ok. I like that first weld. Looks like maybe you ran out of shielding gas or got the wire speed wrong on that second one?

Yes, the rear bracket should be touching the hump in the center. It gets a small bead on both sides in the middle. Did you use the factory dimples to locate everything?

I used the previous threads on where everything went, factory dimples and set everything in and marked how the shifter functioned after making a small tack on the shifter.

The middle of the hump definitely isnt touching lol, I tried to bend it back a little even put all my weight on it with my feet but it wouldn't bend. I think that means my welds are staying :D

20200501_212450.jpg

did you stick that carpet in there backwards?

I stuck it back in the same way I took it out. The carpet has that floor mat attached on the drivers side and was cut a little short under the glove box. The carpet is in pretty good shape except for the haggard spot behind the drivers seat on the door frame area. One day I'll get all new interior including carpet, seat foams/covers etc; for now mine is plenty nice enough.

Isn't welding kinda like going to the dentist. You put in filler and grind off to make it look good......lol.

Well I try to make my fillings look good before curing (hardening the material) that way I dont have to grind to much off.

Welding is a little more tricky with being blind when you first start the bead lol.

I stuck it back in the same way I took it out. The carpet has that floor mat attached on the drivers side and was cut a little short under the glove box. The carpet is in pretty good shape except for the haggard spot behind the drivers seat on the door frame area. One day I'll get all new interior including carpet, seat foams/covers etc; for now mine is plenty nice enough.

it just looked off to me, like the mat for the drivers feet is molded into the passenger rear
almost like they used two front sections

not that it matters, still looks better then my carpet, and that WAS replaced at some point

it just looked off to me, like the mat for the drivers feet is molded into the passenger rear
almost like they used two front sections

not that it matters, still looks better then my carpet, and that WAS replaced at some point

Oh I have 2 removable rear mats and the one on the passenger side just happens to not have been moved lol.

The secret to good welding is practice, practice, practice. That & a good welding hood. I have fired either of my welders up in years, mine would probably look like Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder collaborated to weld something.

-
Back