hp exhaust mainfolds

-

mopar7172

Banned
Reaction score
will the hp exhausts mainfolds fit in a a-body with power steering?i have 72 duster. i have a 67 383hp for it.

I believe that bigblockdart.com has a listing by casting number which big block manifolds will work in an A body

Yeah they fit but if it's a column shift, you have to convert to floor shift and cut some of the column tube off or some such. The fit is real tight in the back at the firewall. If you pretty much want a drop in manifold, use the C body HP manifolds. All you havt to do there is angle mill the driver's side 1/16" so the flange moves toward the engine.

Yeah they fit but if it's a column shift, you have to convert to floor shift and cut some of the column tube off or some such. The fit is real tight in the back at the firewall. If you pretty much want a drop in manifold, use the C body HP manifolds. All you havt to do there is angle mill the driver's side 1/16" so the flange moves toward the engine.
i couldn't use column shift set up at?even if a do use c body hp manifolds.

I had a thought on the column shift thing, but will never try it. If the column is completely taken apart and shortened on the wheel end to bring the lower shift arm into the car. Then use a cable instead of linkage.

............I've built 6 column shift cars with C body hp manifolds and not 1ce did i have to modify the shift linkage, its just a matter of the right parts...........kim........

I have a 71 plymouth valiant with a 383hp out of a Chrysler New yorker 68 and ED didn't have to modify nothing

-
Back