HP Manifolds

-
Ok I just did the exhaust thing on my '75 Duster and i can say that the C-body drivers do not work (at least on later A's) without mods, as it drops right on the slip joint for the steering box (mine has PS). I used a manifold #3830800 and it worked perfect and way cheaper and easier to find than the HP manifolds.

Attachments

• manifold.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 288
You have 20 posts. He's done it. His word to me and most everybody else is all we need.
I don't like your insinuation here. I think it would do you well to settle in before challenging someone to a duel.
Uh, FYI....Tom's company, Accurate LTD, pioneered the early solution and
manufactured the specially modified driver's side manifolds to get good flow
with a 440 in an A-body.

Mr. Credibility seems to have stuck his foot in his own mouth once again.
I think you should do some of your own research before pulling the trigger.

Here's some pictures of the stock LH manifold and Tom's Accurate LTD version.

AccurateComparo_zps0e2f695f.jpg

AccurateLTDSTKc_zps47735066.jpg

AccurateLTDc_zpscc9fa0f4.jpg

Spun is correct here. I talked with Tom the other day and they did have it all ironed out BUT as things often go, the production price cant support retail price and they are no longer offered. Used ones? I'm thinkin good luck on that. The lucky few that have them would likely know just how lucky they are already. I been looking on ebay and its just too hard to tell what youre really getting and not knowing what else will work is frustrating.

Way back, a friend tried the driver's side C-body HP. He milled it, and ground on it, and it didn't fit. He couldn't get the B-body HP to fit, either. Another friend was able to fit the B-body HP to fit his car, though, and with power steering. Things get very tight, and tolerance build up can make things fit in one car, and not another. If making a DC K-frame copy, I think it may help to do a mock up before final welding so you can move the motor a little here or there. An 1/8" can make all the difference.

-
Back