Hub caps for 13" wheels

-

Wally-T

64 Signet
Reaction score
Hi folks. My 64 Plymouth still has the original 13" wheels and wheel covers. I'm looking for hub caps. Are they different from 14" or 15" ? I've tried everything from repainting the wheels to putting tape around the wheel cover retainers and still can't get rid of that annoying "Click/Creek" noise for more than 20 miles or so. It's embarrassing to say the least. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Wally

Hi Wally,
What I've found is that among 13" wheels they're not created the same. My 64 dart /6 lost a rim to a blowout so I replaced it with a junkyard donor. This slightly different wheel (still a 60's Mopar) doesn't hold the wheel covers quite right and they will spin slightly under braking and **** the valve stem to the side.
I read somewhere that the 9" drum and 10" drum wheels are different.
Maybe your wheels and wheel covers are mismatched?

They all take the 9" dog dish. I assume when you say "hub cap" and not wheel cover, that's what you mean.

Yesser, that is what I mean. Thank you, I'll look for a set then.

yea, like Rusty said, the “dog dish” hubcaps work on most wheels, 66-67 b-body was different but other than that most are the same center for hub caps

upload_2021-9-19_6-50-33.jpeg
Hi folks. My 64 Plymouth still has the original 13" wheels and wheel covers. I'm looking for hub caps. Are they different from 14" or 15" ? I've tried everything from repainting the wheels to putting tape around the wheel cover retainers and still can't get rid of that annoying "Click/Creek" noise for more than 20 miles or so. It's embarrassing to say the least. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Wally

hello,
Are you still looking for a set of hubcaps?
I have 4 new tires, wheels and nice caps I’ll sell you if you would like.
upload_2021-9-19_6-50-33.jpeg

-
Back