Huge change in my life coming :(

-
a lot of excellent advice. the best thing to stress here are the kids, they are almost the most important things. # 1 = take care of yourself. you can't help anyone else if you don't. the thing that will heal you the most is time. i watched 1 of my friends sit in my garage & cry when his wife left him. today he is very happy with another woman. it will happen. oh, i've been the plaintiff & the defendant in 2 divorces. no fun at either table. been married almost 15 years this time. hang in there , it will get better.

Thanks everyone for the advice and help. Wouldnt expect anything different on here. My kids are my main priority, ALWAYS. They are my life. Things here are ok, no bickering or fighting. Been busy trying to get things done,finished to put the house up for sale and the more i do the sader it gets. I put alot of hard work into it but to me a home is anywhere as long as within the walls is surrounded with love. Again thanks everyone, Edd

Sorry to hear Edd,I know you,ll be there for the kids.Its what dads are for...been there..doing it now.

I got married to my first wife [against the advice of my parents] we built cars and street raced together as a team however the domestic side was not good at all. After my daughter was born everything changed my I ended up joining the air force [cause I could not steady work] the fighting escalated from arguing to knifes and guns being waved around [not a great thing around a child] and the drinking increased. I volunteered for every Temporary Duty Assignment possible just to stay away [for my daughters sake] while still supporting them [meanwhile wifey was cheating] while I was away. After 9 long miserable years [after prodding from a friend] I finally got divorced, I lost my house, 3 vehicles, all my tools, my credit. My daughter was unhappy and my ex badmouthed me constantly [unproven] but I payed my child support every month and never was nasty. My daughter is 34 now and we get along fine she understands what would have happened if that would have continued. My 2nd wife and I have been married for 27 years this past September and we are a good match! I'm sure you'll be fine just don't let it eat away at you, push it aside and move on just stay in your kids lives. Best of luck to you just remember it ain't the end of the world.

..............Very sorry to hear this Edd,,,,,,,,,I too have been thru a divorce.......we have 1 daughter together...........I always thought that I would end up all alone but that never happened, I met a very good woman who is the love of my life, I couldn't be happier.......my daughter is 24 now , I also have a wonderful grand daughter...I wish u the best of luck and pray everything works out for the best.........kim.......

Ed, things will get better. I know it might not seem like it right now, but it will. Take a deep breath anytime you start feeling overwhelmed. You got my number, gimme a shout when you need to.

-
Back