Huge shout out of thanks to MIRADAMEGACAB

-

MVRCorp

Reaction score
I just wanted to say huge thank you to Chuck for his generous offer to let me stay at his house for a few days. For those of you that don't know I'm an insurance adjuster that's been deployed to Long Island to help the folks here get back up on their feet. The housing situation is absolutely terrible it's almost impossible to find a motel. Chuck heard of my dilemma and since I had never met him it was extremely generous of him to make the offer to me. I did finally find motel space in Bridgeport Connecticut and am relying on the ferry to take me back and forth to Long Island.

It's nice to know there is still great people in the world and it doesn't surprise me at all to find them here on For A Bodies Only. In a few weeks when things calm down I'm going to make a point of meeting Chuck and buying him a cold one.

Glad you found a place. Enjoy Bridgeport, keep your money in your front pocket, LOL
Your about a half hour from me right now.

Hey, I'm in Centereach, exit 62, less than 3 miles north of the LIE. The Port Jeff ferry is exit 64. Since I'm just that close, should you need a place to stay or anything else, no not think twice about picking up the phone.

Your too far from home to be screwing around out here. But your not to far from freinds.
Let us help you keep your money in your pocket. Not the hotels pocket.

My boss's wife help a gaggle of Canada's finest electrical workers fine a place. Can you believe they were camping at the beach in this weather!!!!
The temp dipped into the low 30's last night. Camping on the beach in tents in the 30's?????

WTF IS THAT????? He'll of a way to treat those helping you huh !?!?

It's nice to know there is still great people in the world and it doesn't surprise me at all to find them here on For A Bodies Only. In a few weeks when things calm down I'm going to make a point of meeting Chuck and buying him a cold one.

:drinkers:

This thread doesn't surprise me in the least. Way to go ... all of you!

MVR, the east coast could've fared a lot worse as far as insurance adjusters go. I'm glad you're there to get the recovery underway for those folks.

It's tough but we're trying. It's just sad to see so many people suffering. Another adjuster in the same hotel I'm in told me one of his insured's is 85 years old and his wife is 83. There living in their storm damaged house with no heat and no electricity. He said when they get really cold at night they go sit in their automobile and run their heater.
Today was a terrible day for a lot of people in this area. A nor'easter came through and it's been snowing all day. The road in front of my hotel is nothing but sheet ice. I'm lucky, at least I'm in a warm hotel.

excellent to hear of more good people !
sSig_goodjob.gif

-
Back