Hughes Engines Inc?

-

72Dart360

Reaction score
Just wandering if anyone has used Hughes Engines cams or got any machine work done by them. I was checking out their website and the cam profiles look aggressive. I read a tech article about mopar lifters being .904 dia and most cam manufactures dont make cams to utilize the full potential of the large mopar lifter. Is that true? Getting ready to do a cam swap and thought about giving Hughes Engines a shot. Any feedback would be appreciated.

To the best of my knowledge, the only people who do not grind Mopar cams on Chevy blanks are Hughes and Mopar Performance. The advantage of the larger lifter is the ability to make the opening lobe face more aggressive without digging into the lifter. The Chevy blanks are set up for a .750 lifter. Hope this helps. :thumbup:

I have not used them YET but after talking to them on the phone and email I would have no problems using them just for the knowledge that they are willing to share and the time to get it right. I have talked to a couple of people that have used them and were completely happy with them.

Scott has an excellent rep.
On the larger lifter and making full use of it, the more agressive the cam, the harder it is on springs.
Comp, Crane and Lunati offer cams that take full advantage of the .904 lifter diameter, you just have to ask for it. Otherwise, you'll get a cam not ground for it.

Hughes built my stroker for me and they were top shelf on helping me make decisions early on in my engine build.

Dave Hughes is fully capable of helping you with any cam decisions you make based on your particular application.

I have talked to some of the guys at Hughes Engines but never did business there. They seem very helpful with customer service and I have heard of some problems with them but you hear a little good and a little bad about everything any more.

I have used their products for EVERY Mopar engine I ever built. Outstanding reputation. By far the best cams for Mopars, I don't understand why people still use the outdated Mopar Performance grinds. :thumbup:

i bought a set of stage one eddys from hensley racing and it slowed the car down .4 in the quarter. i sent my heads to hughes engines and they done a stage three porting on them along with the victor intake. i was very pleased with the work when it was done, it was cheaper than alot of other places and the flow #s were above most. very pleased with there service and finished product and would recommend them to anyone. car is a 74 duster full wieght with all interior and no fiberglass 345 engine. runs 11.80's on motor.

I just installed one of their cams in my 340 last weekend. It was right on the money at the intake closing point, on the first try. This is the second cam I bought from them.
I e-mailed Hughes and Comp asking them questions about their cams. Hughes e-mailed me back the next day. Still waiting for Comp's.

I have run one of Hughes cams and was quit satisfied.
Talk to Dave ang go with his recommendation.

I have only bought gaskets from them so-far, but they seem very straight forward. After reading their tech article on oil and flat tappet cams, I learned a thing or two!

I have had really good luck with them. They are mopar people, much better than people who do chevies and dabble in mopars.

I both use and deal Hughes parts. I have had great luck with their cams rockers, and many other of their parts. Dave is very knowledgable and doesn't try to sell you stuff you dont need. There are many decent cams out there for mopars but Dave is really good at getting you the right cam for your combo.

I've had no problems with them except the recommended valve springs weren't enough for my combo. I've used one of his Engle ground cams for nearly 10 years now and have been very happy with it.

-
Back