Hughes head quality

-

dstemmerman

1972 Dart Swinger Denver
Reaction score
Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences with Hughes and their respective head porting and CNC work? I am looking at a pair of fully CNC and ported Eddys, but I want to know if the quality of work by Hughes is worth the investment of nearly $2,800 complete.

Thanks!

Back in 08 bought a pair of stage 3 cnc ported Eddy's from Hughes, very pleased. I had asked for a few changes, different springs and smaller chamber, 60 cc. I said all I want to have to do is blow the dust off and bolt them down and that is all I did.

Back in 2010 I bought a set of Hughes CNC eddy heads off a member here. My SDSS heads were in the shop getting repaired due to a timing chain breaking...bent valves..

the Hughes were open chambers...I had them cut .030 here in Vegas....

I say they are pretty good heads considering the 71 Dart has gone 10.30s @ 128

they are good have ran a set for years and work great, might try mrl s worked pro comps, work just as good and might save some cash:D

My Valiant has a set of Hughes CNC ported Edelbrock heads. It makes over 500 hp.

I'm running a set of their Stage 2 ported Indy's on my big block and a set of Hughes CNC prep'd Eddie's on my stroked 408" 5.9 Magnum both with the cam's they recommended. Excellent results on both motors! The only other 2 options are Dwayne Porter and have him spec a cam to his ported heads, and MRL with his spec'd cam.

You would have to do a shootout with all three guys to find who's combo actually works better for you. They are the best of the best though.

Never had a problem with Hughes Eddy ported heads. Quality of work is excellent.

-
Back