-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1980volare

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
up for sale is a brand new hughes whiplash 318 cam. brand new in the box just received the 23rd of may.

bought before i did some research and wont work in my application. my loss is your gain.

195 plus shipping or will trade for sb parts or aftermarket or upgraded 26" radiator.

up for sale is a brand new hughes whiplash 318 cam. brand new in the box just received the 23rd of may.

bought before i did some research and wont work in my application. my loss is your gain.

195 plus shipping or will trade for sb parts or aftermarket or upgraded 26" radiator.

Specs?

goodluck im in the same boat with the same cam but for my 440 nobody wants to buy mine even at $150 new in box

What sort of issues are you guys having that you both have decided not to use these cams after buying them.
Have you decided to go roller?
These cams seem like a nice upgrade for a nearly stock motor.

They are overpriced to start with. Good luck.

im selling mine because i cant find anyone running one to c what i can run ive only seen it run high 12's in a 340 i wanna run 11's,and it doesnt seem like a 11 sec cam,plus i bought it for my truck and i sold the truck.

im selling mine because i cant find anyone running one to c what i can run ive only seen it run high 12's in a 340 i wanna run 11's,and it doesnt seem like a 11 sec cam,plus i bought it for my truck and i sold the truck.

11's in an A-body with a 440? That cam will do it forsure w/ the right things around it....no problem I'd say.

So it would be better to get one made for a 360?

Maybe...I wouldnt think of it as MADE for a 318 or 360 with no exceptions. Both grinds are small block hydraulic cams. Just gotta bounce the specs off your total combo and goals, see if it's something that fits and you could use.

Maybe...I wouldnt think of it as MADE for a 318 or 360 with no exceptions. Both grinds are small block hydraulic cams. Just gotta bounce the specs off your total combo and goals, see if it's something that fits and you could use.

OK I think I will just purchase the one for a 360

The whiplash cams are like Comps Thumper series. They are made to sound big and not kill torque in low compression motors. Performance is second to sound. If your looking for performance you would probably be better off having someone spec a cam just for your combo.

What sort of issues are you guys having that you both have decided not to use these cams after buying them.
Have you decided to go roller?
These cams seem like a nice upgrade for a nearly stock motor.

cant use it with magnum heads on a la block, i would need to machine my valve guides and dont have that kind of funding on tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back