Hurricane Ian

-
Great to hear Al! Hopefully that makes the obstacles easier to deal with.
Well Steve, it definitely will help. Won't have to run a generator for power. Run to get gas for the generator. Salvaged a few Items of convenience, like the fridge. Will get to sleep in some AC tonight !!!!!.
Got the sludge cleaned out of the house and gutted the drywall 4ft up. Will let air dry and then kill the mold. . Then figure out what exactly the next steps will be.

20221016_205601.jpg

Man you've made progress!(not surprised)! Has traffic (rubber neckers) died down? Supply chain?
Well Steve, it definitely will help. Won't have to run a generator for power. Run to get gas for the generator. Salvaged a few Items of convenience, like the fridge. Will get to sleep in some AC tonight !!!!!.
Got the sludge cleaned out of the house and gutted the drywall 4ft up. Will let air dry and then kill the mold. . Then figure out what exactly the next steps will be.

View attachment 1715999137

No shortage of food or water. Traffic is a ***** at certain times of the day. Debris is piled up so high its hard to drive down the street.. it's a scrappers paradise here to say the least. . If I had time I would scarf up on some mowers, generators and all kinds of appliances !

Well we didn't have flood insurance, so no help there. We'll have to rebuild on our own. Some neighbor guy had this in his garage, under water. Haven't had time to meet the guy.

View attachment 1715999156

Looks like you are well on your way to getting it fixed.

As mentioned before these Ozone Generators are great at killing the odor causing particles after your place dries out. The Ozone flows into all the nicks and crannies and helps purify the air.

Nature's Air Freshener. Like how fresh the air smells after a lightning storm and light rain. Same chemistry.

Screenshot_20221016-204924_Gallery.jpg

Good luck on the project, gonna be able to buy sheet rock down there?

Glad to hear you have power. I know you have been working your butt off to get that much accomplished. Don't over do it now you have power take a little break now and then, Joe

Hey Al....show Theresa the picture you posted above in post 51. Tell her I said she looks like a Barbie Doll standing in a giant chair! :) I know it's an optical illusion because she's in the other end of the room, but in the pic it looks like a tiny little woman standing in a giant chair....lol.

Glad you made it through.
My dad lives in Daytona, said a cell tower came down in his back yard. Missed the house by about 10'.
No water on his street, but a couple streets over is flooded.
His power is back on, but no internet. He did say the cell company got the tower mostly picked up, but it'll be awhile before it's rebuilt.
Have a High End flip customer in Ormond Beach. He bailed due to lack of power for 3 days, no internet last time we spoke. Glad Pops is ok

The AC should help suck moisture out of things, too.

Al,
Glad you got your power back on. That makes a huge difference especially if the AC will still run. I was down for five days last week cleaning out our place and they got power on right after I arrived. Eye went right over us and ripped the first several feet of roof sheathing off the front of the house and when it came off, it peeled all the rolled roofing off. So it just rained down between the gaps in the sheathing over the rest of the roof, soaking the insulation and drywall. Most of the drywall ceilings collapsed. Got a roofer to patch the big sheathing holes and tarp it pretty quick but when I got there it was a soaking mess. Over five days I removed all the insulation and most of the drywall from the outer walls. The ceilings removed itself. Thankfully, we didn't get a storm surge. Canal in the back yard is eight feet below the floor grade and that would have really made a mess. I have six fans running as well as the AC and it seemed to be drying out. There was some mold starting but I think I treated most of it so it hopefully won't become a mushroom inside.

Chin up and carry on. I'll ping you when I get down the next time. Probably going to be several trips to deal with the reconstruction.

084B3389-CCBA-4145-B197-932AD3A4AD3B.jpeg

52573505-CA90-42D1-9784-A3AE09083722.jpeg

ED77ACE4-B798-40B2-9A35-501C457983EA.jpeg

In the last pic you can see the blue tarp through the holes were they partially replaced the plywood. The first couple trusses are detached from the top of the wall and almost went with the sheathing into the back yard. Power of the storm was incredible.

Last edited:
There goes a bunch of my chit ! They picked my stuff up about 5 times now ! These cleanup crews have been very busy picking all this debris up and hauling it to a big field just out side of town.
20221019_113821 - Copy.jpg

20221019_114233 - Copy.jpg

More pics on the way !

There goes our golf cart and mower, and the second load of car parts to the scrap yard. This load was 2500 pounds the first load was 4600. May have another load once I go through the stuff again and save the good stuff. Not much left to save. Luckily I had a lot of stuff up high and didn't get wet.

20230117_135956.jpg

20230110_093944.jpg

Finally caught the neighbor out that owned this Valiant ! He was telling me that it went under water and let the insurance co have it. Had a 6.1 Hemi, 5spd, Dana 60 all under water. Has a 68 Dart race car in an inclosed trailer that also went under ., but he kept it.

20221014_090528-jpg.jpg

Thanks for update Al. Hard to see possessions going to scrap. But you and T are still here thankfully.
Strength and +ve thoughts!
Beautiful Valiant, sad.

Thanks for update Al. Hard to see possessions going to scrap. But you and T are still here thankfully.
Strength and +ve thoughts!
Beautiful Valiant, sad.

Thanks Steve ! On the news they are still finding dead bodies from the storm in the debris, . Found an old lady in the mangroves and an old guy in a sunken sailboat.
The guy said he is actually a member here but doesn't visit much anymore.

Damn that's sad. Devastating.
If I was Southside I'd be sinking screws and making sawdust with you.
Thanks Steve ! On the news they are still finding dead bodies from the storm in the debris, . Found an old lady in the mangroves and an old guy in a sunken sailboat.
The guy said he is actually a member here but doesn't visit much anymore.

Dang...I'm sure having to junk all that stuff was a hard pill to swallow. Hopefully you're getting down in the short rows now. I imagine you may have the house pretty much straightened out if you've moved on to the garage to sort stuff out. Y'all hang in there! Tell Theresa hey for us.

:thumbsup:

Checking in on how things are going down there…I think I saw the dart elcamino on Facebook marketplace ? :(

Checking in on how things are going down there…I think I saw the dart elcamino on Facebook marketplace ? :(
LOL, Things are going pretty well. Getting house back in order. You did see the dart on Facebook! Lost most all my shop tools in the flood so turning it loose

In the past 2 days an d tomorrow, I have cleared out most all the mopar parts to local guys down here. So I won't be having many sales in the near future. Theresa and I are concentrating on getting our property here fixed up and on the market and relocating to the Franklin North Carolina area asap ! We will try to regroup up there ! I'll still hang out on here whenever possible.

-
Back