Hurricane Sandy

-
Hurricane Sandy and classic Mopar

f62dc109174e041e1f0f6a7067001b5c.jpg

The caption for this picture (from Yahoo news) states:

"A driver maneuvers his classic American car along a wet road as a wave crashes against the Malecon in Havana, Cuba, Thursday, Oct. 25, 2012. Hurricane Sandy blasted across eastern Cuba on Thursday as a potent Category 2 storm and headed for the Bahamas after causing at least two deaths in the Caribbean".

Hurricane Sandy and classic Mopar

f62dc109174e041e1f0f6a7067001b5c.jpg

The caption for this picture (from Yahoo news) states:

The caption should say: Idiot drives classic car though huge waves and puddles of salt water.
Looks like a 55 Chrysler with a custom grill, I hope he washes it soon.

Feelin for you folks.
There area lot of times living in Cincinnati sucks, but we have never had storm surge to worry about.

Up here in Ontario we have had 2 days of solid rain and supposed to hit 100km/h winds. Stay safe everybody!

Went to 3 stores today looking for batteries, all sold out. Grocery store shelves have no bread. Guess I'll try some more places tomorrow.

The caption should say: Idiot drives classic car though huge waves and puddles of salt water.
Looks like a 55 Chrysler with a custom grill, I hope he washes it soon.

That 'idiot' has probably kept that car running for the better part of five decades without any type of repair support system. "Classic" cars are some of the only vehicles that are allowed to exist in Cuba since Castro cut the island off from US imports in what, 1959 or so? There are many '50's American cars down there still driving around. I have a whole book on them in fact.

Anyway, getting a little windy here on Long Island but nothing too bad yet. No rain either. Worst part is supposed to come tomorrow night into Tuesday AM.

I live on the southern tip of NJ. We've done all the prep. Just gotta wait it out now.
Right now, it's been just raining some since this afternoon, nothing really happening yet.

Been sent to Richmond, VA with about 75 other catastrophe adjusters to wait this out and see where we will be needed..............

Been sent to Richmond, VA with about 75 other catastrophe adjusters to wait this out and see where we will be needed..............

Hope you're not needed in that area... Mom, brother and his family are in Chesterfield, just Sw of Richmond.

Shouldn't be, the insurance co has a large office here. Its just a staging area for us....

I just walked the dog and it's warm and muggy out there. I spent the day putting the lawn stuff away and getting the generator ready. It started right up and sounds good. My mother is staying with us for the next few days. I can't think of anything else I can do, I hope it blows itself out before it gets here. By the way, I just got back from Maimi, the rain squalls were really bad around Ft Lauderdal.

Looks like the storm is going around CT. The shore is going to get hit with bad high tides but inland they say were are just going to get wind and a little rain. Every school in the state already closed for the next 2 days

They shut down the mass transit system in Philly, and declared a state of emergency. It shouldn't hurt the local economy though. The drug dealers and prostitutes will still be out working.

You're not far from me about and hour and half maybe two hours. Im in Harrisonburg VA.

Stay safe man!

I do hear some wind outside right now and its been raining a little more it has also gotten colder. I just turned the heat on a little.

They say for us after 12am it will be the start of it.

We have weathered the worst of it. some flooding but high tide has peaked. picture of backyard off the deck.

Attachments

• 1314473039408.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 250
Looks like its going to dog leg around long island. getting real windy here, power went out for 5 minutes then came back on (thank god!). Really worried about a power outage, when irene hit we had no power for days.

Thats ok Ray, I will do the naked running around. We lost power at 2:00.
I have a generator running my tv, internet, computer, fridge and microwave.

Looks like its going to dog leg around long island. getting real windy here, power went out for 5 minutes then came back on (thank god!). Really worried about a power outage, when irene hit we had no power for days.

I think its going to hit NJ shores this evening. Its moving real slow and wont hit you till tomorrow morning. Good luck, Ive got lots of family on the Island.

I have about 120 power trucks right down the road from me, Some even from Ohio and even 3 fan boats(for swamps and stuff). I think they are prepared here.

-
Back