Hurricane Sandy

-
Being in Mississippi we have had our share of hurricanes gas batteries and a Coleman stove go a long way just do what they say and all will be well better safe than sorry. Praying for y'all

It started snowing here last night, and the National Weather Service keeps sending updates on the timing of the high winds and heavy snow. We're expecting wide spread power outages to be the biggest threat in NW North Carolina. Elevation ranges from 3000 to 5000 feet along nw NC, they say that will translate to 40-80mph wind gusts.

I'm keeping my fellow fire fighters in mind. Stay safe my brothers.

I have about 120 power trucks right down the road from me, Some even from Ohio and even 3 fan boats(for swamps and stuff). I think they are prepared here.

Sorry but I had to laugh, (not at your situation) But you calling them "Fan boats"
Round Hea-r We call them thar things Air Boats! God be with you!

Good luck, y'all. Be praying for you. The storm itself was nothing down here but the storm surge and the waves are soemthing else.

Waves from this storm were unreal even as late as yesterday down here in Palm Beach Co. The high tide flooded A1A in a number of spots. The Lake Worth Pier lost a bunch of boards. The restaurant on the pier lost their plumbing.

I was standing up at the top of the beach in the Sea Oats yesterday when I took this picture with my cell phone. I was clear of the water - or so I thought. As I was lining up to take another picture, a wave came up and knocked me on my @ss! Needless to say, that picture did not come out, I lost my favorite beach sandals, my phone was toast, and my pockets were totally filled with sand. Mind you I am about 215#'s and the wave just knocked me right over. Thank God I did not have my kids with me. Also, thankfully, I had the extended protection plan at Best Buy on my phone.

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 237
HOLY CRAP!! Just lost a 60 ft maple in our front yard! Miraculously, it missed the house. We were looking out the window and it literally fell right in front of us, big thud when it hit the ground. Took out the gutter on the corner of the house but no other obvious damage. Will have to take a look more closely when the storm is over but I think we really dodged a bullet. My wife and I were afraid it was going to come down. Least we don't have to really worry too much about it anymore. Will post pics if/when I get the chance. Just crazy.

Still have power right now amazingly enough. Pretty intense out there right now.

Wind gust are picking up he in Central Pa, so far only about 500 people without power in my county, rain is heavy in spots but it comes and goes.

Power outages are starting to happen in the Southern Tier of NY, winds are picking up and getting gusty.

Stay safe guys!

I'm way West of you here in Pittsburgh, just rain and wind, although in the past hour or so it has picked up.

14K or so customers without power in my county, 11k in the next county over. 76k in the eastern part of state.

generator,check,,gas,check,,water,check,,flashlights and batteries,check,,one three year old blue-tick coonhound that desperately wants to go outside to tinkle but is afraid of the rain and the the 65+ mph winds,,check :banghead: We have everything ready for the power outages, thank goodness for camping,but the coon hound won't take care of business. The cattle dog is out the door, business done, and ready to come back in while the coon hound just sort of looks around,then realizes she's getting wet, and bee line for the door. What a sissy dog

Stay Safe Everyone! It looks like a bad storm with a lot of water.

374840_399345670136373_328989289_n.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAqYZ433TeQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player&ref=nf"]Sandy_ConEd Explosion - YouTube[/ame]

sitting at flying j trk stop in hubbard oh, been raining all day and windy been picking up quite a bit here in the last hour or so,hope everybody in direct path stays safe

Wow, Adam. I was watching the Weather Channel a little while ago and Jim Cantori was doing a live shot and said he smelled something burning, like a petroleum smell but didn't know where it was coming from.....bet that was it?

Stay Safe Everyone! It looks like a bad storm with a lot of water.

374840_399345670136373_328989289_n.jpg

Just for the folks that don't know it, this is NOT a picture of Sandy coming to shore............. it's from a movie. witch should have or could have been said in your post dustermaniac, It got me!!! and I shared it.. memike can look stupid on my own, I don't need any help.

-
Back