Hurst shifter with stock linkage

-

evans68cuda

Reaction score
So there's a hurst shifter for sale near me that came off a 65 a body. I want the shifter for my 68 barracuda which has the stock linkage. Part number for the shifter is 2621 if that helps. Here's some pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Was transmission ever installed in your car ? Looks like the reverse rod is on upside down in the pic

Thanks! So can you tell if it's a hurst or inland? Sigatoka that mr gasket shift lever on it.

The pic of your shifter in post #4 is not an Inland. It may be a Mr Gasket, aftermarket shifter.

The shifter in post #8 is a Hurst.

I don't know how or if the shift rods interchange between the three. I have a complete Inland in my car and a complete Hurst comp plus set up in a box, but it would take some time to get everything together for a comparison.

The pic of your shifter in post #4 is not an Inland. It may be a Mr Gasket, aftermarket shifter.

The shifter in post #8 is a Hurst.

I don't know how or if the shift rods interchange between the three. I have a complete Inland in my car and a complete Hurst comp plus set up in a box, but it would take some time to get everything together for a comparison.
What about the shifter in post #1? That's the one I'm looking at buying. Can I bring my shifter when I look at this one and compare them in person? He said it says hurst pending so he thinks it's an original hurst shifter

What about the shifter in post #1? That's the one I'm looking at buying. Can I bring my shifter when I look at this one and compare them in person? He said it says hurst pending so he thinks it's an original hurst shifter

The shifter in post #1 is a Hurst but I don't know what vintage. Hopefully someone will post about rod compatibility, because I just don't know.

Okay. Go look at the shifter you want to buy, on the reverse arm there will be a number stamped, note that number and call brewers, tell em what your putting it in and what it will take to make it work.
here's where the number is at
Project 16.jpg

I would just get the right shifter instead of rigging stuff together. But then that's just me.

That shifter in your first pic I feel has been messed with. Hurst shifters I have seen are either stab in handles or later on bolt on, but not bolt on like the one you presented.

I know this post is a bit old but the first photo is a factory hurst replacement shifter. I had one in a 64 Dart, notice that there are no stop bolts on it and it has the reverse arm with the slight curve to it. They didn't all have the push in handles, some were bolt on.

So then it would work with my linkage?
I know this post is a bit old but the first photo is a factory hurst replacement shifter. I had one in a 64 Dart, notice that there are no stop bolts on it and it has the reverse arm with the slight curve to it. They didn't all have the push in handles, some were bolt on.

-
Back